The elevator.

The elevator.

A Story by Amekraz

You're at the 3rd floor...

 

"Mum, everything will be ok... do not worry!"

"Son, I don't know what's wrong with me... I thought I was all high and mighty... Never thought I would be in this stage..."

"I was here before... I'm not afraid..."

"Me neither! It's almighty's will..."

 

She was afraid...

Looked upset... She was breathing... but hardly... Speaking... but ... quietly...!

 

"Cruel world... isn't it?"

 

He nods... His eyes were hiding something...

 

"Let me hold that bag for you...!”

“No Son... I just wanna go back home...”

 

She holds a handkerchief in which she spat...

“There was once a man who used to spit... Like I do now... But [She laughs] his spitting was too immense like bait...”

 

He smiled, she continued laughing... He laughed...

He looks at her... He sees the torments of the years when the father wasn’t around all the time... “Pain and suffering are always inevitable for a large intelligence and a deep heart. The really great men must, I think, have great sadness on earth.” Said once Fyodor.

She looks at his eyes and sees the anxieties of the unknown future...

 

The door opened... And you’re at the second floor...

 

Two men went in... The first seems to suffer from health issues...

 

“Doctors...” said the tall one in a sarcastic way...“Doctors don’t give a damn at you... All they want is your wallet...”

“Absolutely right...” said the taciturn one...

“How could they live with themselves?!” ... The tall man coughed and groaned at every instant...

 

The old mother was a woman of fifty... Wearing a kerchief and a djellaba...

She was looking inquiringly at the two men...

 

"I think I saw this man before some..."

The son interrupts her... "You don't know them Mum... You say it every time you see someone..."

 

He looked at his Mum with a strange regard...

"And by the way, what is that you're wearing?... How many times I got to tell you that I don't like this tissue or call it whatever you like... Why you're so badly dressed... Even those who are used to shabbiness will be so ashamed to walk the streets in such rags... I give you money if that is what you need to buy new clothes..."

 

The mother was wearing as stated before a djellaba... but it was too old and lost its color...

 

"I don't think I need new clo..."

"Mum..." shouted roughly the young man...

 

The two men turned to see what was happening behind them... But the door just opened again... No one went in or out... Like the open heart of the young boy... Seemed like someone wanted to go in but his impotence and indecision drove him out...

 

You're at the first floor...

 

"There is blood in your nose again..." the young man exclaimed...

" I'm running out of tissues... But I can handle this..."

 

The taciturn, bald and short man looked at her with a rather peculiar expression... The other one gazed round in a friendly way at them...

After five seconds of silence... The two men started talking again... The bald one looked somewhat like a retired government clerk... His friend one was, despite of his sickness, looking good and appeared wealthy... This could be deduced from the key of the car he was holding...

 

"May be this is the end..." the old lady hummed...

"That's nonsense Mum...It's mental derangement... A cup of tea and some bread at home and in one second your issues become illusions and your brain stronger... "

 

You're at the ground floor...

 

The two men left the elevator... Their departure left the room quiet and rather empty...

 

"We are not going underground, are we?"

"We're all going underground one day..." The fifty-and-some-years old woman answered with a smile... " Let's go home... I need to see my little grandsons..."

"Let's go Mum..." Said the young and smiling back despite of his wretched and gloomy life...

© 2014 Amekraz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
Added on November 20, 2014
Last Updated on November 20, 2014