Extreme Humiliation... Or when Your Life Doesn't Matter

Extreme Humiliation... Or when Your Life Doesn't Matter

A Story by Amekraz

Suppose you have someone suffering in your family - Let's say diagnosed with some disease and present an emergency, you go in a hurry to the nearest hospital; say you don't have too much money to take him to some private clinic or nursing home. You stand in front of the building, you take the steps and cross the threshold, you meet one single person who is most likely an apprentice. You asked for the neurology bloc (Let's say the subject has a brain issue... just for the sake of an example), the novice told you that the man holding keys (Yes, holding keys! No, it is not a grocery. It is a real hospital) is out of office and that the doctors are not there. So you begin to doubt, and you wonder if you are really in a hospital not an airport, you don't see planes, so you go to check the signboard, there it is written, you are now sure that you are inside what they call a 24/7 emergency service. You become nervous and want to shout, the sick is maybe dying by now. You ask the guy again where the doctors went and tells you that the doctors are on strike. The doctors are not working and it's the same wherever you go. Humm! What are your options? You think of going to another city, maybe find a hospital where doctors are working or maybe wait until the doctors and the government strike hands and come to an agreement. Either way, your kinsman will pass away. Calm down! You have been in situations like this before, and you handled them... You did and your menfolk died. It's not on you. But who is to blame? You might say at this point that the doctors are hardhearted, human-less and cruel creatures, maybe most of them actually are but the government forced them to go on strike. Still, you think they are responsible of what is happening and you might be right. Human lives are not in their priorities as it might seem. You decide to go back home, and come the next morning hoping that some doctor’s heart has melt and decided to be “on duty”. But you are too naïve to believe that you might find someone. You thought the world is just, you found out it is not. You used to say that the evil men will get punished at the end, and the good ones will get their awards. This is the world you want to see but it is not how the world works.


Your man will die. You decide to take him to a private clinic, but it's too late. Fate? Bad luck? You can't tell. You still are in chock and you can't see clearly what is happening. What is happening my dear is that the persons you thought you could lean on betrayed you. Don’t try to fight the government, it’s a zero-sum game where you are the loser. To fly in the face of doctors will lead nowhere, it seems like you will never be in their priorities, and they prefer to go loafing rather than looking at your misery. Now as your dear passed away, you start to cry and mourn. After drying the tears, you want to wreak vengeance on those who inflicted this harm on you and the last thing you would like to hear from a nurse is “Destiny knocked him down…” Oh no darling, they knocked him down. Everything is controlled by destiny and fate in this country, there is no room for free will. People do not like to take responsibility for their deeds but prefer to hide and blame others, they feel they have no control in their destiny so they accept the situation they are in.


In some countries, human life comes first in fact. And you are not in one of those countries. You see? Now you wish you were at the airport.

© 2015 Amekraz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on November 27, 2015
Last Updated on November 27, 2015