[untitled]

[untitled]

A Poem by The Guerrilla Warhol

 once freelance carnations put on contract with mother culture to spread commercial aesthetic among street vendors are now on strike, and will only take root or show their true colors in state parks, and in various meadows owned by tree-huggin'-hemp-wearers. the climax of the story brings always brings the sigh often associated with imminent decline of stimulation. fortunate as we are to have opposing thumbs, i believe the otter has it rather made. MTV, i wanna be made!!!!

 

so i'm watching VH1 wondering where society went wrong. apparently hindsight is not always 20/20 because i'm overwhelmed in projected wrongdoing. i decide to grow out and perm my hair, as history often repeats itself, though only by force of the general population. someone must do it first! this is me taking one for the human team.

 

thingsthingsthings this is beginning

                   to drive me crazy, or so i'm programmed to think.

i can't decide who the actual crazies are.

                        they all say, "you need a car! you need a bed!"

and my favorite, "what about college?!"

            to which i reply, "america runs on debt!"

and i humbly decline the letters of recommendation

               claiming i am all the things mother culture

says i should be.

                     the only teacher i respect, i've never met and is sadly a fictional gorilla.

he says, "doug, you are smart,

                  but remember there is no right way to live."

 

 

so i pack my bag, and will head to where there are no people to say anything to me. where i can live in my own head. where i can plant pot seeds in all the national forrests for wild edens everywhere. where i can drink from streams and monkeywrench logging vehicles. where i can....

 

© 2009 The Guerrilla Warhol


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I don't really get it. But its a nice piece anyway.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
1 Review
Added on January 19, 2009

Author

The Guerrilla Warhol
The Guerrilla Warhol

Rochester, NY



About
I don't read much on here, but your comments are appreciated. Don't expect to learn unless you're willing to dig. All of the really inspired stuff was deleted in the server crash. So this is all jus.. more..

Writing