Football

Football

A Chapter by Danielle
"

Back at High School, the main characters all eat their lunch. But with Rayland, things aren't ever as easy as they sound.

"

“I think I want to dye my hair,” Adrian said with a long sigh.  He had taken to eating his lunches with Rayland.  Today Ms. Gwendolyn Brynne had time to have her lunch with them.  She had apparently gone to High School with Rayland’s older brother.  Both gave him a long dead stare.  “What?”

            “You loose man points just for considering it dude.  And I’m warning you now, man, your points are getting low.”

            “What?”

            “Oh give him a break, Ray.  Look at his hair.  I can understand why he would consider it.  Hair that red attracts attention.”

            “I don’t care, and would you stop calling me Ray!”

            “Man points?”  Adrian butted in, seeing an argument starting.

            “Yep.  And if you reach zero you’ve got to hand over your Man Card.  You’re getting close.”

            “I am?”
            “Yeah.  For one, you don’t exactly look manly.  Like, at all.  Two, you’re a secretary-“

            “I am not a secretary!  Tyren just gives me all his work to do atop of my own!”

            “Then what are your job duties?”

            “I am supposed to call the kids in, get all their information ready, and talk with their parents… crap!”

            “Right.  Thirdly, I’ve not seen you do anything manly.  Like burping, or flirting, or sports, or anything man!  Now you want to kill your hair.  Soon you’re going to have silky smooth hands and scared to break a finely manicured nail.”

            “Will not.”

            “Yeah right.”

            “Dude,” Adrian said, not realizing he was picking up Rayland’s surfer speech, “I can’t have manicured nails and lotion upped hands.  Do you have any idea how hard it would be to work on bike like that?”

            “Bike? Got a card in the spokes?”

            “A motorbike,” Adrian growled.

            “He knows how to work on cars.  Doesn’t that deserve man points?” Gwendolyn asked mockingly, biting into an apple.

            “Actually does,” Rayland said with a nod.  “Now we just need to get you to stop stealing man points and get your femininity back up.”  He grinned stupidly down at Gwendolyn.  Adrian laughed with she back handed him.

            “Stupid old hag,” Rayland mumbled and half fell out of his chair when she continued to beat on him.

            “Isn’t it unmanly to run from a woman?”” Adrian asked, smiling.

            “Shoot, heck no.  Women hit hard.  Especially one’s who’ve taken kick boxing classes.”  Rayland moved to sit next to Adrian.  “Which doesn’t qualify you for being girly.”

            “Of course not.  But it allows me to bruise you, which makes up for it.”

            Rayland turned away from her, pointedly ignoring her.  “Hey, Adrian, what’re you doing Saturday?  Me and some others are going to play some street football and then probably terrorize people.  Queen Kong over there is probably going.  So will her brother, who beats you in looking unmanly.  He’d probably owe me man points he’d be so low if he wasn’t such a dang womanizer.  They just fall into his lap!”

            “You have a brother Ms. Gwendolyn?”

            “Just Gwendolyn.  And yep, he’s my twin.”

            “Guys gone into business.  Got’s more suits then I have excuses not to work, and hair better taken care of then a show poodle.  Its surprising through that he’s good at football.  Quick S.O.B.”

            “I think Cait and Rhiannon will show up as well.”

            “Okay, Cait I understand.  She’s a little psycho woman.  But Rhiannon? What’s she going to do?”

            “Play cheerleader for Clinton.”

            “Like I said, women just fall into your brother’s lap!” Rayland said with a groan. “And I don’t know why.”

            “Blue eyes? You both got blond hair.  Or maybe it’s not even the looks.  Guys don’t fall into my lap.”

            “How do I get there?” Adrian asked, checking his watch for the time.

            “You’re coming? Sweet!” Rayland turned back to Adrian grinning.  “I’ll text you directions.”

            “Cool.”  Rayland and Gwendolyn slightly jumped when the bell rang.

            “Well, I got to go and teach kids how to play the piano.  See you later Adrian, bye Ray!”

            “See ya Lyn!” Rayland yelled, glaring at her back.

            “Thought you called her Gwen?”

            “When she doesn’t call me Ray.”  The security guard shrugged and threw away his leftovers.  Adrian laughed at the immatureness of it all and gave a wave before walking back to the office.



© 2009 Danielle


Author's Note

Danielle
I like this one better than the other highschool one really.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on March 8, 2009


Author

Danielle
Danielle

About
I'm a seventeen year old girl, currently half trying to find a job. My junior year is almost over, and I'm hoping I have an awesome summer. Filled with tons of writing. I've had writers stumpage o.. more..

Writing
Piano Piano

A Chapter by Danielle


PMS PMS

A Chapter by Danielle