She just said dad

She just said dad

A Story by Ali M. Abougazia

"she just dad".. I say to my wife...

"No she hasn't" rolling her eyes she answers..

"But..." she interrupts me saying: "honey, she won't say anything till a year.. ok?"..

"I know but maybe…..ok"...

again my thoughts drift to the bills.. "don't worry" she says.. she still reads my mind.. even after 7 years she still can...

"maybe I should ask for a loan"..

"you can't honey.. you already did"...

"maybe I will sell the land"...

she smiles like if to a child...

"I know that my brother is already trying... but he didn't contact me for a week. He should have already contacted me… he said he will as soon as he manages to..."..

"you worry too much" she says...

"it's a great load.. I must worry.. and she has the right to be brought up well.. we waited 6 years.. and tomorrow is the last day.. Everything will be lost.. I can't.." ..

"nothing bad will happen.. you'll see".. She says, again..and I always feel like her child.. she has been so since I first knew her.. she gave me all that I ever wanted, and more. yet I gave her nothing.. but I want to.. I want to make her the happiest woman on earth. did I fail her? I pray I haven't.. yet she comforts me.. How noble is she..

I once thought of killing myself.. Ending their misery.. but I didn't, I knew God will help me.. I believe in God.. and I thank him for all that I have been given.

When my wife knew she cried for 3 days n nights.. when she stopped she didn't blame me.. but I vowed not to let her down again.. now that I look into my daughter's eyes, I wonder how I have ever thought of leaving her. not to enjoy these giggles.. God, I am lucky!

"I still think she said dad..." I say stubbornly while my brother knocks on the door..

 

© 2008 Ali M. Abougazia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is one of the most beautiful things I ever read. It brought tears to my eyes the first time I read it and it still gets me whenever I read it.


Posted 15 Years Ago


This has a very sad yet somehow hopeful touch; i feel there's more to come, it's not over yet.

Your words are very expressive, not fancy or long words, but say a great deal.

I think you've left out a word in the first line?

Thank you for sharing



Posted 15 Years Ago


she did say dad especially only practice makes it better so write more ivor

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 11, 2008
Last Updated on September 2, 2008

Author

Ali M. Abougazia
Ali M. Abougazia

Cairo, Egypt, Egypt



About
Peace be upon you :) I am not much of a writer but writing is a good way to express one's self. And it's more of a hobby to me than of a talent. I am a believing practicing Muslim Egyptian Doctor. B.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..