In the search for my soul

In the search for my soul

A by Ali M. Abougazia
"

About the search of the reason why we are here.

"

 

I have been talking with a friend about that state of restlessness that some of us pass through in life... sometimes it takes much time to resolve... sometimes it doesn't.. And even sometimes it doesn't happen at all to some people...
I passed through this stage a few years ago... and I found my way. :D
 
What stage? It's almost hard to describe, but it's the state of longing for something we can't touch, something we can't see or hear... some explanation for all that's happening around us... some reason for all that the world is going through.. And the state of balance... the state in which we can feel peaceful... and feel that we have finally become a part of the harmonious symphony
 
You can describe what we are looking for as looking for some small piece in an enormous puzzle... we don't exactly have it yet... and all the puzzle looks meaningless around us... we can't understand or accept the world yet.. It's too chaotic and violent... and our souls refuse to believe that this is it... that this is the best we can see... and we hunger for the truth...the ultimate reality... the lost piece of the puzzle that explains everything, and more importantly makes us feel happy... makes us feel we are here for a reason.. We are here not to suffer but to set on a journey on finding the answer... and once we find it... we are walking in life without fears or worries..
 
Almost 7 years ago... I passed through that state.. And I found the answer....
When I first had this feeling I began to read and think and learn more about the world... I searched in philosophies and ideologies and religions... I especially looked in the comparative religions particularly Islam and Christianity... and till this moment I am fascinated by this area... I believe I found my answer in Islam... I am a believing and practicing Muslim al7amdolellah... but I hold enormous respect for Christianity...
 
But right now the world around me is trying to make me lose my way... but I am looking again... my existense and happiness and peace of soul, heart and mind depend on me keeping that answer
 
But I have to warn you my friend... Even when you find the answer, you will still have to fight to keep it... sometimes you'll lose it, sometimes you'll forget it... but you will feel stronger and happier each time you find it again.. That's why we are here... that's why we were created... to find the truth... otherwise, everything in the world will be just a delusion...  and I believe Allah will help those who sincerely want to find the answer by themselves...
 
And believe me... What you'll find at the end of the journey is worth the effort and more.... Because
you'll find yourself
  
Safe journey my friends 

 

 

"ألا بذكر الله تطمئن القلوب"      سورة الرعد - آية 28

 

" Truly, in remembering God do hearts find rest.  " (Quran, 13:28)

 

© 2008 Ali M. Abougazia


Author's Note

Ali M. Abougazia
Peace be with you :)
I am a believing practicing Muslim Egyptian Doctor. But I hate it when this always sound like an extremist. I am not, neither does my religion. In another article of mine I am trying to explain more. I hope I can by time change the world's wrong idea about Islam being a violent religion. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

Asalamu aleikum! Alhamdulillah brother! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with the world :)

Salam to you :)

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
1 Review
Added on July 11, 2008
Last Updated on July 11, 2008

Author

Ali M. Abougazia
Ali M. Abougazia

Cairo, Egypt, Egypt



About
Peace be upon you :) I am not much of a writer but writing is a good way to express one's self. And it's more of a hobby to me than of a talent. I am a believing practicing Muslim Egyptian Doctor. B.. more..

Writing