IV: In Which We Meet Colin

IV: In Which We Meet Colin

A Chapter by Draconic Archer


Colin sat in the corner of the coffee shop, looking down at the flyer in his hand, debating with himself.  He’d printed it this morning, full of resolve, but now that resolve was wavering.  What if no one came?  What if people did come and they just laughed at him?  What if he was actually just crazy?

The place was pretty full at this hour, mostly college students studying.  A pretty diverse group, not just the rich white girls stereotypically found in chain coffee shops.  At the table next to him, a guy with a Van Dyke goatee, knit cap and a sweater vest sat with a girl with long brown hair, a flower pattern ankle-length skirt and loose fitting blouse with no bra underneath.  The girl was the only one in the shop with a halo floating over her head.  A shining, golden f*****g halo like a cartoon angel.

The door opened and Colin looked over reflexively, then quickly wished he hadn’t.  A group of about ten people were coming in, almost all with halos.  It was a grade school girls’ sports team, looking like they had just come from a practice.  They were all smiling and talking excitedly.  All but a pretty redhead standing near the coach.  She was biting her lip and staring at her shoes.  She and the coach were the only ones without halos.

She couldn’t be more than eleven years old, goddammit!  Where the f**k was her halo?  Did the coach take it?  Someone in her family?

Colin tried to calm himself down, looked down at his flyer again and with new resolve, walked over to the bulletin board and hung it up.


Kanetown Society

for the

Paranormally Gifted


First meeting:  Saturday, October 15  3:00 pm

Kaldi’s Coffee Shop, 1174 S. Main


All Welcome



© 2018 Draconic Archer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on May 19, 2016
Last Updated on August 15, 2018


Author

Draconic Archer
Draconic Archer

OH



About
Filling out "About Me" sections gives me anxiety. more..

Writing