Tullos and the slave Kyros (part 2 of chapter 1)

Tullos and the slave Kyros (part 2 of chapter 1)

A Chapter by Dragomir Cristian M
"

Second part of Chapter 1

"

Although he was just a child, the young boy standing in front of Kyros held a certain strength in his eyes. The aura around him was one filled with the confidence of one brave enough to face all of the challenges of the world. Around him there was a heavy pressure that as a lone wolf in a huge pack can only be felt when in front of the alpha. The child was young, but his spirit was incredible. It was certainly the aura of one who was powerful and destined to do great things. On the other hand though, Kyros was small, almost invisible compared to him. Above all he was a slave of this household, which meant that he was robbed of any and all freedoms and privileges. Kyros had no future. That's why fear was always creeping up in his heart when he was meeting someone free. With such a staggering presence in front of him he was only reminded in a very harsh way of his status and place in this world.

Suddenly the boy smirked. He showed his confidence and held his head high. He took a step forward, but Kyros did not dare to budge, he couldn't dare. When the boy stopped just a few feet away from him, Kyros looked up into his eyes and saw a wide smirk on his lips. A brazen laugh then burst from the bottom of his lungs, filling out the entire room. Why was this boy laughing? Why did this child appear so strong and big to Kyros? This confused the young man so much more. Was he a noble's son that came to play with his life? Was he a young prince? Or maybe just the son of a great warrior. No matter how many times he would try to guess, Kyros would not succeed in finding out the true answer.

“So you are the slave father bought while I was at aunty?” the boy spoke but his smirk never left his lips. With his words a few of those questions were answered.

“Yes...” replied Kyros with a humble tone in his voice, he looked down at his shoes to avoid the boy's eyes. How could he dare to look him in the eyes? He was the slave of this house.

“Hm?” the boy looked at him from head to toe “You are skinny and have no muscles! Even that broom is heavy for you!” he pointed out.

His deduction was true and as Kyros raised his eyes, he looked at the end of the broom's handle and it was indeed bigger than him by almost half of a foot. Kyros then looked back at the boy. Their eyes met and he could feel chills running down on his spine. He was an imposing presence no smaller than that of a strong adult. This boy was truly something else, but did he just say that he was the son of Balthos? Kyros blinked confused and his mind tried to remember if he didn't make a mistake when he heard those words. There was no mistake though, this young powerful child was Balthos's son!

“Alright! It's settled then!” said the boy with a triumphant smile.

Kyros blinked a few times and he raised his eyes from the ground, looking at him in confusion.

“My lord, what is settled?” he asked humbly.

“You!” came the boy's reply as he pointed at him.

“Excuse me my lord?” replied Kyros with the same humble tone in his voice. He could not dare to speak in any other way, but the confusion brought by the merchant's son's words was clear in his eyes. What did this young boy want from him?
“Stop wasting my time and follow me! We are going on a adventure!” said the boy as he raised his fist up showing that unshakable confidence that seemed to burn like a wild fire in his heart.

Kyros blinked and opened his mouth in confusion. What was the son of his master thinking? Adventure? Did he hit his head too many times on a tree before coming here? Besides Kyros had to do his work as his master ordered and even if this young boy was the master's son he was still just a kid. There was no way that this would end up well for either of them. Worst case scenario they would end up in the grabby hands of a bandit which would later ask a hefty ransom for them. Or they could end up at the other end of a criminal's blade. There were many ways to die and Kyros shivered just thinking about them. Adventure did not sound as grand as it did for the merchant's son.

Kyros knew that he couldn't let this boy have his way as it would most certainly spell out doom for the both of them. However, just when he was about to open his mouth and attempt to reason with him, he saw something behind the merchant's son. The being that showed itself held the most beautiful and calm light one could possibly imagine. Her beauty was unparalleled and her white skin only seemed to accentuate more her divine features. From her back a pair of pure white feather wings sprouted outwards. Kyros knew that this being was not of the mortal realm, however the merchant's son could not see it as clearly as he did. It was not the first time such beings showed themselves to Kyros either and every time their words spoke the truth.

Still, even though Kyros was not frightened by this sudden appearance, he was still surprised and because of that, he forgot what he wanted to say to the merchant's son. Looking at the divine being, he opened his mouth as if he wanted to say something, but that entity cut him off.

“You have nothing to fear from this child. Trust his words.” said the being with a calm and gentle tone in her voice. Every word she spoke held such a warm melody that it seemed to heal every pain and wound in his heart. The winged entity then offered her hand to Kyros, but she was still too far for him to grab. “His destiny is tied with yours... follow him and you will be led towards your future...” she said with a gentle smile on her lips and then looking back at the merchant's boy she embraced him warmly, fading slowly from Kyros' vision.

“Kyros! Let's go!” said the merchant's man as he spoke to him once more, waking him from his reverie.

“Yes my lord...” said Kyros humbly as he shook his head and then dropped the broom.

There was nothing to lose right? If that being which radiates such a warm and pleasant light said such words about the merchant's son, then maybe it wasn't such a bad thing to listen to her, even if he might make his master mad.

“Also!” suddenly the merchant's boy stopped in his track, almost making Kyros bump into him. “Don't call me my lord! Call me Tullos! I'm twelve years old!” he said with a big smile and his nose up to show his pride.

“Yes... Tullos.” said Kyros carefully.

Tullos smirked and then grabbed Kyros's hand. “Come one let's hurry up! Frederique is waiting for us with a carriage outside.” he stated. Tullos seemed happy to have gained a playmate almost the same age as himself.



© 2014 Dragomir Cristian M


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on March 5, 2014
Last Updated on March 5, 2014
Tags: Slave, Medieval, Fantasy, Sci Fi, Angel


Author

Dragomir Cristian M
Dragomir Cristian M

Bucuresti, Romania



About
A young writer trying his best to improve his work and bring to life the world of his imagination. more..

Writing