Nature

Nature

A Story by Peppy
"

Idk how to explain this.... -_-

"

It all started when...
     "Hey drake! You got a secret admirer," said Zac.
     "What are you talking about?" I said.
     "You know that girl in 7th grade? Nature?"
     "Who's Nature?"
     Zac laughed, "You know, the girl who's always wearing her hood on."
     "Oh, she likes me?"
     "Yup. She told one person. The word spread, man."
     "Ugh, why me?"
     "I know right."
     I looked at Nature. I never saw her hair before. She always had it covered by her hood. Her eyes were blue, and when she saw me looking at her, her eyes widened and she looked down.
     Suddenly, it started raining. The teachers blew their whistles for us to get inside. Nature ran inside.

     The next day, I was walking in the halls. I was looking at a poster and wasn't paying attention to where I was walking and then I ran into someone. We both rammed heads and fell down. I looked in front of me and saw Nature. Wearing her hood of course, but I saw a strand of her hair hanging out. She had blonde hair. She put it behind her ear and looked at me, her mouth opened. I stood up and held my hand out so I could pull her up. She hesitated, then grabbed my hand. Her nails were painted black. I pulled her up.
     "Sorry," I said.
     "It's.... it's fine," she studdered. Her voice was soft. Then she turned and walked away. Did I do something wrong? Is she mad at me?
     Nature was always nervous around me. My friends teased her. I even teased her. I don't like her at all. She's too...... different.

     "I know," said Kevin. We were discussing a joke to play on Nature. "You should pretend to like her back. Then ask her out. Date for, like, a day or whatever, and break up with her and say it was a joke!" He smirked.
I nodded. This was a good one.
     I followed Nature to her locker. When she went to turn around, I stopped her.
     "Hey," I said.
     "Um, hi," she said and giggled.
     "Well, I know I've been a jerk and everything. I'm sorry. I realized.... that I really like you. So.... will you be my girlfriend?" I said.
     Nature's jaw dropped. She covered her mouth. Then giggled and said, "Yes! Yes! Of course!" She hugged me. When I hugged her, I felt in love for a minute. Then I saw Kevin and Zac. They winked at me. I stopped daydreaming and winked back.
     We hung out. We laughed. We went on dates. It had been a week, then I realized... I had to break up with her.
    
     When the day came, I invited her to the park. When we met there, no one was there. Zac and Kevin hid behind some bushes to watch the 'show'
     I sat on a bench next to Nature. It was sunny, the flowers were tall and colorful, the trees' leaves were bright and green. I gave Nature a rose. She held it and smiled. I didn't smile. She stopped smiling.
     "Nature, things haven't been going well," I said. She looked confused. "I mean. We shouldn't be together anymore. I don't like you. I never liked you." I paused. "It was a joke." I finally said.
     "What?" Nature said.
     I saw Zac and Kevin laugh.
     The rose I gave Nature began to die. It turned gray and withered. The petals slowly fell off. Nature looked mad, but a tear rolled down her cheek.
     I felt a rain drop. Then another. Then it began to rain.
     "What the- it was sunny earlier!" I said, puzzled. Then I looked at Nature. "Are you okay?" I asked.
     "Yeah. Whatever. Just go away!" She pushed me. Then got up. I saw another strand of her hair. It was black. As she stomped away, the flowers around her withered.
     Zac and Kevin ran up to me cheerfully.
     "Good job, man!" Yelled Kevin and slapped me on the back.
     "Go Drake!" Said Zac.
     I glared at them. Then I followed Nature.

     I followed her all the way to the woods. She climbed a tree and sat on a branch. She cried for a moment. Then she saw a bird. It was a blue jay. It tweeted and she hummed. Then.... she started to sing. She hung upside down on the branch and her hood came off. Her hair was black. Then it changed color! It turned blonde. Her hair changed color to her mood! She sang and was happy.
Then I stepped on a stick. It made a loud noise. Nature stopped singing and looked around. Her hair changed to red and she climbed down the tree.
     "Who's there?" She yelled. Then, she saw me. "You!" The wind blew hard. Almost blowing me back. Nature stood her ground. The clouds turned black and swirled above us. It was starting a tornado!
     "I can't believe I fell for you!" She yelled at me. "You were such a jerk at the beginning! And now you went too far!"
     "I'm sorry!" I yelled. A tree fell right in front of me. Nature jumped over it. "How?" I asked.
     "How what?"
     "How are you doing this?"
     "I can't tell you!"
     "Why not!"
     "You won't understand!"
     "Ill understand!"
     "I control nature!"
     "What?"
     "I control nature! I'm Mother Nature's daughter!"
     I stood there speechless. Then the tornado flew right passed me, sucking me in.

     I woke up. I was in a cave. It was dark and I heard someone crying.
     "Hello?" I said.
     "Drake? You're awake?" Said a girl's voice.
     "Yes, where are you?"
     "I don't know, just follow my voice."
     I crawled to where the girl was. Then a light flickered. I saw Nature. She was holding a ball of fire. She threw it, and then it hit some sticks and stayed there.
     "There we have light." Said Nature.
     "How did we end up here?" I asked.
     "The tornado went out of control and trapped us in this cave." Said Nature. She kept crying.
     "You can make a tornado, but you don't know how to control it?!" I yelled.
      "No!" She burst into tears and covered her face. Her hair turned black.
     "I'm sorry," I said. I took her hand and held it.
     "You never liked me. You pretended. It was a joke!"
     "I'm sorry! It was my friends' joke!"
     "And you listen to them?!"
      "Well... yeah..... but that's not the point! I..... I really like you."
     Nature stopped crying. "What?" She whispered.
     I leaned closer. Her hair turned brown. I moved the strand of hair out of her face and kissed her. Her hair turned blonde. We stopped kissing and giggled. Then we kissed again.
     "Ok, we got to get out of here," Nature said. "Um, stand back."
     "Ok," I said. I walked all the way to the edge of the cave. Nature laughed.
     There were rocks blocking the entrance of the cave. Nature put her arms in front of her, her hands facing the rocks. Her hair turned red. The rocks started shaking. Some started cracking and breaking. Then, they all rolled away. Nature turned around and looked at me. She grinned. The wind blew her blonde hair around.
     "I think the tornado stopped," Nature said, looking around. She walked out and gestured me to follow her. I got up and followed her. Then she stopped by a broken tree and pulled out her cell phone. "Hold on, I gotta call my mom." She said.
     "Mother Nature?" I asked.
     "Duh," she said. She dialed a number. Then put the phone to her ear and talked. "I know.... I know...." she said. Her hair turned black. "Can you fix everything that got destroyed? Erase everyone's memory, too. Except...." she paused and looked at me. She said my full name into the phone. Then she hung up. Her hair turned brown. Nature walked up to me.
     "So?" I said.
     "What?" Nature said.
     "What's gonna happen?"
     "Oh! Everything's gonna be fixed up. Don't worry," she smiled and her hair turned blonde.
     Suddenly, when I blinked, everything was back to normal. The cave was normal. The trees were tall. The flowers were colorful. It was like nothing ever happened.
     "You can't tell anyone what happened, ok?" Nature said.
     "Ok," I said.
     She smiled and kissed me.

© 2011 Peppy


Author's Note

Peppy
This one sucks...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This one doesn't suck! D:

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
May
THIS IS THE BEST ONE OF ALL! I REALLY LIKE IT!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is so cute ;), I firgured out that she controled nature when she was crying, it rained or whatever.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

404 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 19, 2011
Last Updated on July 11, 2011
Tags: dramaticlover, love, story, crush, like, boy, girl, 1st person, drama

Author

Peppy
Peppy

Place, TX



About
Hey, I'm Peppy. I looove writing stories and make a couple of poems. I write scripts on here, then make them into videos and post them on YouTube. more..

Writing
Crush Crush

A Story by Peppy