Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Richy

     ...People don't seem to realize the value of an average life.They really don't. Granted, I didn't realize the value of it either, but now that I do, I wish nothing more than returning back to my usual, boring life where I didn't had to check every corner to avoid getting incinerated by robotic umbrellas or getting mauled by a chimera.

     Oh, I'm Darren, by the way. I'm just an average teenager, who had an average house, with average friends, living an average life, going to an average school with the average bullies and the average geniuses. If there was anything that probably wasn't average in my life, I had to say that it was my parents (ironically enough). They were always a strange bunch, and words do no justice to explain just how different they were from the norm. I always wondered how is it that we ended up together, because we were just so different. My parents must have wondered the same as well. Don't get me wrong, we still love each other, but well...it's pretty obvious I did not inherit their personalities.

     I'm getting off topic. Well, like I said, people don't realize just how valuable their average life is. They always want to go and be some super secret spy or go become some powerful hero and whatnot. Let me tell: IT"S NOT FUN. Seriously. It hasn't even been a year (I think it's around six months now) and I have already experienced a close shave with death more than I have in my sixteen years of living.

     I was once like you guys. Idly staring out the window as the teacher droned on and on about lessons we will never use, wishing something would happen to liven up the atmosphere. Until that fateful day.

     It began with an exploding toilet.



© 2013 Richy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on May 22, 2013
Last Updated on May 23, 2013
Tags: me, myself, AI, humor, funny, adventure, sci-fi, fantasy