Organic foods

Organic foods

A Story by Zac
"

I just did a report on Organic foods and if they are organic or not

"

Is your food Organic or not?

The Problem in our day and age is that the society needs to prove whether something is true or not. It’s the same with Foods. Many have fights to see if a food is organic or if it’s not. Organic food is produced by farmers that emphasize the use of renewable resources and the conservation of soil and water to keep the environment healthy for the next generation. Organic foods such as eggs, poultry, and others come from animals that have been raised without the use of antibiotics or hormones. This is where the certification bodies come in and they check to see if it is actually Organic or not.

In order to show that a food is organic or not you have to show these specifications; first, you need to have no chemicals in the fertilizer you give your organism. For example, putting chemicals in its food additives and antibodies. You also need to give no genetic modification, use irradiation of give the organism sewer water. Also, the farmland must also be chemical free due to rapid growth. Secondly, for the organism to be organic you need to meet its specific requirements, for example; what they eat, where they live, and how they are bred. Thirdly, you should keep track of all the sales that you make in order to check how many people like organic. Fourthly, adhere to the separation of the organic and the non-organic organisms. Finally, Make sure that all the organisms that you have are inspected on a daily basis to maintain organic materials in them.

USDA (The United States Department of Agriculture) makes no claims that organically produced food is safer or more nutritious than conventionally produced food.  Organic food differs from conventionally produced food in the way it is grown, handled, and processed.

As I have talked about earlier there are many certified bodies to check if your organism or food is organic or not. Here are a few examples; first there is the Atlantic certified organic co-operative limited which takes care of most of the organic foods near the Atlantic. Then there is the British Columbia Association for regenerative agriculture who takes care of all the organic foods in British Columbia. Here are a couple more certification bodies; CCOF Certification Series, LLC, Center for systems Integration, Ecocert Canada,    Fraser Valley Organic Producers Association, TransCanada Organic Certification Services. There are many more that take care of organic foods.

In order to maintain a healthy lifestyle we as consumers need to watch what we consume. In order for a food to get an organic sticker they need to follow all of these steps and get an okay from one of the certification bodies near them. Currently, the European Union, the United States, Canada, Mexico, Japan and many other countries require producers to obtain special certification in order to market food as organic within their borders. In today’s time “organic” is a very strong term that according to others should not be used as a joke.

The word "organic" refers to the way farmers grow and process agricultural products, such as fruits, vegetables, grains, dairy products and meat. Organic farming practices are designed to encourage soil and water conservation and reduce pollution.

Farmers who grow organic produce don't use conventional methods to fertilize and control weeds. Examples of organic farming practices include using natural fertilizers to feed soil and plants, and using crop rotation or mulch to manage weeds.

To your very great surprise making an organic food is a very complex stage of selling your goods, the more organic it is, the better. This movement started in the 1940’s and is something that will keep going on for forever. 

© 2015 Zac


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Awesome educational piece. Organic foods seem to have really taken off more in the past few years with people wanting a healthier, chemical free food. Going organic is not an easy thing to do either... extremely difficult for farmers as nearby farmers can use sprays and chemicals that blow into their crops. Good work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zac

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the comment
Zac

9 Years Ago

It's funny because i eventually needed it for a school project.



Reviews

I found a lack of propane

Posted 8 Years Ago


Zac

8 Years Ago

Of course its about organic foods.
Awesome educational piece. Organic foods seem to have really taken off more in the past few years with people wanting a healthier, chemical free food. Going organic is not an easy thing to do either... extremely difficult for farmers as nearby farmers can use sprays and chemicals that blow into their crops. Good work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zac

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the comment
Zac

9 Years Ago

It's funny because i eventually needed it for a school project.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

324 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 9, 2015
Last Updated on April 17, 2015

Author

Zac
Zac

Rocky View, Alberta, Canada



About
My preferred writing is Poetry. My hobbies are writing and sports. I am 14 and I hope to get better at writing. more..

Writing
Secrets Secrets

A Poem by Zac


Memories Memories

A Poem by Zac