The view from above

The view from above

A Poem by Dreambound

"It hurts me to let you go, Hope" As her hand slips from his, 
Hope stares back up at him as she slowly falls to the waves below. 

He turns to face Patience and Love, the wind flicks his hair into his face on the seaside cliff top. 

"I fear the two of you might be here for a while" he says. "You've been here right from the start, all along, haven't you? You found me again and..." 

His voice trails off in the wind as he drags his feet, with down cast eyes on the walk back down to his waiting car. 

 Patience and Love make their way to the hilltop, where again, they will watch Him and wait, where they have, all along.

© 2018 Dreambound


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A great piece, I like how you kind of made them into people in a sense, wonderful write!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Reminds me of a book, "Hinds Feet On High Places"... Tis a spiritual romp, a bit, but has the same premise of naming emotions... Or rather, emotions being alive in a way that is similar to this... Anyways, this was a very good read, and quite intriguing... I kinda wanna steal the premise now, hah... Smartly penned....

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 19, 2017
Last Updated on February 4, 2018

Author

Dreambound
Dreambound

Australia



About
Just the writings of my mind, experiences, love and loss. Pencilled. more..

Writing