My Mom

My Mom

A Chapter by Dreamy
"

More randomness, about Mom~

"

The picture i added, was taken out at my mom's house.  i've often said, that dusk, is my favorite time of day in the summer, because everything looks different.  There seems to be a peacefullness at that time of day which i believe is brought upon by a blue hue that covers everything.  It's been hard to explain, not many people know what the hell i'm talking about.  However, i caught that blue hue last weekend.  The pictures are not altered at all.  My mom and i were watching a movie, a fire in the fire place and i happened to look outside.....and it was blue.  The very blue i see in the summer when that feeling comes over me.  Luckily, i had my camera with me and caught it.  i've been keeping my camera with me, as taking pictures is a huge love of mine.  Waiting for just the right moment to capture whatever it is you are focused on.  Some say i have a knack~i just think i get lucky. 

That day, out at my mom's was a good day.  Sometimes, when i need to seek refuge, it's the best place to be.  Mom's.  They are wonderful.  Mine, seems to have an intelligence i will never be able to capture, but that i always depend on.  Her life experiences, her thoughts, her ideas, her advice.  i was a hell of a child to raise.  As a teenager, i put that woman through more than she should have had to go through.  However, she had no idea of what i was going through either.  Needless to say, we were not very close those days.  Which makes me very thankful, that we are now.  She has been my rock through my divorce, many times, admiring a strength in me that even i didn't know existed.  At a much younger age, i hoped never to be like her and now, through the turbulent and happy times as well, there is no one i'd rather be like.  i suppose we learn to draw strength from those that continue to display it.  i'd like to think i got mine from her. 

i find solice in many things, be it a song, a picture, hugs from my kids, chatting with my best friend (hi Jason), my love (peeks up at you) or quiet time alone in my room.  i find the best of it, in hugs from my mom.  i don't always know why those of you that visit my page, visit it at all.  But, for those that do, i suppose that's what i try to provide.  A nice background, a song, pictures, thoughts.  Something, to help you escape from whatever is troubling you in your life.  i appreciate all the tags and comments.  i appreciate the love, the messages.  They let me know i am touching something positive within you.  i am thankful for those of you i've met in real life.  Know that the comments we leave on one another's pages, remind us that even virtual friends, can make all the difference in the world. 



© 2009 Dreamy


Author's Note

Dreamy
Another peek into my brain!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I want to live inside your brain!!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
1 Review
Added on March 11, 2009


Author

Dreamy
Dreamy

Milwaukee, WI



About
Hello everyone. My name is Christine. A very new friend of mine recommended this site to me and I am very glad He did. I am a single mother of 4 beautiful kids, 2 boys, 2 girls. We have a dog, 2 bi.. more..

Writing