The Ferris Wheel

The Ferris Wheel

A Story by Dshaman14
"

"its a story about a guy who said hell be a gods servant just to save the life of his girl. will god really answer prayers?"

"
        "Ferris wheel"
        It has been fifteen years since he had last ridden on a ferris wheel. He was condemned by destiny not to ride one more time. His past came flowing into his veins as he watches the ferris wheel turn.
        Fifteen years from the past now he stands at the front of a ferris wheel. Fifteen years ago, fifteen years that he tried to forget and now just because of a single glimpse, everything came back to him like it was just moments ago.
        Fifteen years.

        The view on top of the ferris wheel was a magnificent one. But he doesn't care on the view. More important to him is the girl that is right beside him. The girl he wished to spend the rest of his life with. The girl he grew with � Sheena.
        "The view is splendid in here isn't it? You can see the whole municipality from here," Sheena said.
        "Huh? Oh. Yeah you're right," he replied absentmindedly.
        "Jay? You don't seem so well today. Are you okay?" she asked.
        "Oh. I'm okay, I think."
        "You sure? Just tell me if you are getting sick. Well it's normal anyway. Just don't throw up on me," she said giggling.
        He held her hands. Her warmth surges from her hand to his body.
        "I love you Sheena"
        She stood awestruck. Shocked to hear the exact words she was waiting to hear from him. "I love you too Jay"
        He held up his hand that held something. It was a pendant.
        "I wasn't really sure what your answer might be but now I'm happy to know. See, when you open the locket on this pendant, our picture is inside. Just to remember me by."
        Sheena gave a giggle.
        "You silly one. You don't have to give me something like this to make me remember you," she held his hand and place it in her heart. "Do you feel its beat? No matter where you go, how long you will be gone, you will always be inside my heart. You are the reason why it beats wildly today because finally it heard the words that it was waiting for a long time to hear from you!"
        He held her face and gave her a kiss. She kissed him back. The birds flew and the sun set. The time stopped for the both of them. It was their happiest moment.

        Klang! Klang! Klang!
        The 6 o'clock ringing of the nearby church bell told them that it was already getting late. Sheena has to go home early. They said earlier that they will be home before six-thirty.
        "Lets go home Sheena. Your mother might be looking for you already."
        "Right! I don't wanna be scolded and anyway, I can't wait to tell her about us!"
        The sky was turning to orange. The ferris wheel stopped turning. It was time for them to board off the ride. A tricycle parking nearby was waiting for passenger. And they rode on it.
        Sheena's cellphone rung.
        "I guess you were right in saying that mom are worrying about me. She's already calling me."
        "Go on. Answer it. Don't let your mother wait."
        "Mom?"
        "Yes honey. Where are you? It's getting late."
        "We're on our way mom. Just a few minutes and we'll be there. I have a surprise to tell you anyway when I get home."
        "Really honey? Well, is Jay a part of the secret?"
        "MOM! Maybe. (laughs) I'll just save the suspense for you until I get home."
        "Okay honey. Take care!."

        Everything it takes to change a lifetime just takes a second. A blinding light. That was all it takes to change the course of destiny.
        Screeeeeeech!
        The sound of the tire deafened their ears but it was already too late to stop. They closed their eyes t no avail. Then they head the sound of the impact that nearly crushed them to death.
        CRASH!

        The wail of the siren was getting louder and louder. Jay was sitting beside Sheena who was lying unconscious. How was he saved? He doesn't know the answer himself. He was still in shock when he found himself lying beside Sheena's bloody body.
        They were hurried to a nearby hospital. The tricycle driver was dead on arrival while Sheena was critical.
        "How is she? Is she ok?" he kept on asking the doctors and nurses that goes in and out of the emergency room.
        "We're sorry but we are afraid that we could not do anything for now. Her body is weakening the longer she stay in here. For now her life is held by the life supporting equipment. The only thing that could save her is a miracle."
        Now what will he do?

        A little flash back. "GOD will answer our prayers. Just ask it to him with your whole heart. Those who ask will be given. God never says no, its either yes or wait. I want you to remember that Jay." This were the very words Sheena said to him the day he was needing something so badly. It was really given to him.

        But now he wants Sheena's life to stay. He wants her alive, to be safe. And besides, if he hadn't invited her to the carnival, nothing of this sort would have happened. He was the reason why Sheena is in critical condition; therefore he should also be the reason for her to be healed. But how?

        He went to the chapel room of the hospital. There were lots of people praying. Some were crying, some were silent. Amongst those silence and noise, he could understand one thing � they were asking for their love one's second life.
        He went to the back most part of the chapel. There, he kneeled.
        "Lord," he prayed. "Please don't take her life away just yet. I know I'm not worthy enough to ask you this but I know she got a lot of plans for herself, her family and for others. Many people love her including me. Please Lord I beg you to give her another chance to live and I promise to make myself your servant for the rest of my life."
        "You don't have to do it Jay" Sheena's mother said as she enter the chapel.
        "I have already decided," he said facing Sheena's mother. "I will do it. I can't imagine life without her but I can't stand seeing her dying."
        "So when do you plan to leave?"
        "Tomorrow."
        "Will you not wait until Sheena is well?"
        "I wont wait. I trust him anyway."
        
        He indeed kept to his words. He joined a seminary far from their place. He heard nothing about Sheena or their place after that. He never even heard what happened to her condition. And a few years after joining the seminary, he was destined to be a priest on a province in Luzon. He learned how to love God more and learned to love his profession. He was indeed a good priest. He still longed for Sheena but now he has his priority. He made this decision for her. Besides, he thinks that Sheena is happy now with some one else.
        It was not long enough when he was transferred back to his province in Visayas. And now he waits for the sister that the bishop ordered to pick him up.
        "I wonder if she really did live. I wonder what happened to her." he said to himself.

        "Uh, excuse me," a lady wearing a priestess gown smiled at him.
        "Good afternoon! Are you the sister the bishop said that would pick me up?" he asked.
        "Yes Padre. Have you been waiting for long? I am sorry if I arrive late. There was this traffic and�"
        "Its ok sister," he said.
        A glistening metal blinded his eyes. It was a pendant that the sister was wearing.
As he look longer at the pendant, a smile grow on his lips.
        "Are you ok Padre?" the sister asked.
        Indeed it was his pendant. "You really are alive," he smiled at her.

© 2008 Dshaman14


Author's Note

Dshaman14
i know the first part are redundant, well its just that its my style! :)
uhm, feel free to comment

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

it was too sappy for me. yet, my advice is: A. to try and avoid being blatantly derivative. and B. Break the rules of grammar.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

269 Views
1 Review
Added on November 6, 2008

Author

Dshaman14
Dshaman14

Antique... where mountains meets the sea.... land of the ____? ^^, Philippines



About
████████████████████████████&.. more..

Writing
Colors Colors

A Poem by Dshaman14


Runaway Runaway

A Poem by Dshaman14