Perspective.

Perspective.

A Story by Duplicate_

The way I see it, I could run away from all of this. I could rebuild my entire life, with entirely new people, and I could watch you from  a distance. In short, I could let my love for you, destroy my love for myself. I could let it rip away my insides, with carnivorous tendencies, and I could watch you moving on.

However the way I choose to do it is simple. I value myself, and my sanity, more than the thought of you moving on with her. So I'll stay. I'll make new friends but I wont run from the ones I have. I'll make new memories but I wont dwell on the ones that have passed. I'll stay with you, and not be distant, and eventually, the love I have for myself, and the love I build for someone new, will relieve me of the love I have towards you.

So I do hope you're happy with my choice, because even though I'm falling apart around the edges, little pieces of me are being put back together. And slowly, but surely, I'll be the person you once knew again.

And maybe next time around, it will be me you can't have, and it will be me who's going to leave you with the broken heart.

© 2010 Duplicate_


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
Added on August 15, 2010
Last Updated on August 15, 2010

Author

Duplicate_
Duplicate_

Stardust, Australia



About
I'm a 15 year old girl living in the slow side of Australia, WA. The simple things in life are the ones that give me the most pleasure. I'm stubborn and extremely blunt; meaning I tell you what I thin.. more..

Writing
Hm.. Hm..

A Story by Duplicate_


Don't. Don't.

A Poem by Duplicate_