Abby

Abby

A Poem by *Rain*
"

This is the story of me giving up my youngest daughter for adoption. (true)

"

 

She sits alone, the hard chair cold.

Nervously, she twists the ring on her finger.

Her eyes wander down to the band of gold.

Her eyes fill up, and her doubts begin to linger.

 

Before she can let her emotions lead her feet,

A woman walks up to her, young, and kind.

She shakily stands and leaves her seat,

Mentally willing her fears to stay behind.

 

They enter an office, cozy and warm,

As they are seated, she is asked to speak,

Gathering her composure as her thoughts swarm,

Despite her best efforts, the tears begin to leak.

 

“I have a baby now, and he said he’d be there,

But now I’m entirely on my own,

And a baby and a toddler would be too much to bear,

If I have to do it all alone.

 

So I came for help, to see if you could,

Help me find a family for this baby girl.

As long as there’s one who maybe would,

Let me be a part of her world.”

 

“I have a few, if you’d like to look”

And she handed the girl profiles to check out.

Her eyes stopped searching when she saw the 3rd book,

“This in the one!” she said, “Without any doubt!”

 

They met that evening, and talked all night,

She was thrilled to have found two people so great.

“We’d love for your baby to become our little light,

We are so excited we can hardly stand to wait!”

 

Their wait wasn’t long, the baby came soon after,

Their lives are complete, and she’s well taken care of,

Their days are filled with her wonderful laughter,

And all of their world’s are filled with love.

 

The girl is now married, with more babies on the way,

She sees her daughter often, and can easily tell,

Her gift is the joy and highlight of their every waking day,

And so our story now ends well.

 

© 2009 *Rain*


Author's Note

*Rain*
No rude or judgemental remarks about my choice, thanks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LSS
Hey, Its not fair to make men cry! Such bravery, such love. I know its hard writing rhyming pieces, I like that venue best myself. But the depth of content. The raw emotion that flowed, If there were any flaws, after the first few lines, I couldn't see them. I'm glad of the great ending, you're obviously a fighter and I'm glad you insisted you stay a part of her life. I know you may often are eaten with jealousy, but always remember your daughter now has two mothers who love her and she still has you.
Lar.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LSS
Hey, Its not fair to make men cry! Such bravery, such love. I know its hard writing rhyming pieces, I like that venue best myself. But the depth of content. The raw emotion that flowed, If there were any flaws, after the first few lines, I couldn't see them. I'm glad of the great ending, you're obviously a fighter and I'm glad you insisted you stay a part of her life. I know you may often are eaten with jealousy, but always remember your daughter now has two mothers who love her and she still has you.
Lar.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I know being a father is so far from being a mother that it isn't funny, but having said that... Giving her up had to have killed you and I feel for you in so many ways. I know i couldn't be without my baby boy. But on the lighter side you were able to be a part of her life still and that is wonderful.

This was a very real and bare bones poem, you didn't hold back or sugar coat why you gave her up and that makes this a great poem to me. The rhyme scheme bounced off track once or twice, but that is forgiven by the story being told.

I for one think you are so very brave about sharing this, and you should be commended for being honest and open as well as STILL wanting to be in your baby girls life. You are truly a wonderful writer and a even better person.

keep up the good work,
cole-

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sometimes circumstances force decisions.I think you made the right one for your daughter and for yourself as you can still be part of her lifeA sad stiry but with a happy ending for all concerned Most unusually

Presented as a well written poem

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There are two aspects to my review. First as a Mother, that must have been the toughest damn thing you ever had to do and I commend you for it and if I could give you a hug, I would. I cant imagine having to make that decision.

The second aspect of my review comes solely for the literary nature of the poem. I felt it didnt flow. I am a proverbial pain in the a*s when it comes to writing, often being the thorn in my own side and everyone has their particualr taste. Some verses rhymed while others didnt... it threw off my mojo while reading. Just remember opinions are like farts. Overall good piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think this is a wonderful thing. So often we hear rants against abortion and of children being deserted, left to die in dumpsters and recently here; a newborn abandoned in the bathroom of a restaurant. This is so much better and it is fabulous that the mother still gets to visit her natural offspring. This made me warm inside. As for the written piece, I found no flaws or typos or grammatical errors in the work. Great job and a great choice for the future happiness of both mother and child. I respect and admire the difficult decision made here.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 1, 2008
Last Updated on March 30, 2009

Author

*Rain*
*Rain*

MI



About
I am addicted to the written word, the spoken word, well, just words in general, quite really. I'm sarcastic, but I care. My writing is an outward expression of the thoughts that constantly tumble thr.. more..

Writing
StarShine StarShine

A Poem by *Rain*


Soul Song Soul Song

A Poem by *Rain*