Lucid Love

Lucid Love

A Poem by Daniel Valentine Rivera
"

Written: 02/12/15

"
Let me talk about a love that I once had the pleasure to know.
This person was perfect in everything she was willing to show.
I fell in love with every hug and every kiss she let me bestow.
The love we have for each other is so irreplaceable so where did it go?

A love where the memories you share never escape the mind.
Where searching for a reason to smile is never hard to find.
Making you see no evil and ignoring all flaws almost as if you were blind.
It can even make you realize that the one you hold in your arms is one of a kind.

A love where the qualities you seek are in the eyes that you stare.
Making you believe you don't deserve something so incredibly rare.
Where the truth is always what you hear and the reasons are always fair.
Staying so close that secrets are never kept because the trust is always there.

A love that can be healed as quickly as it's broken, hurt or offended.
Where there is never the need to aurgue, fight or be reprimanded.
Forgiving rather than forgeting because love was always intended.
Always agreeing on the same views and morals so nothing is defended.

A love that takes advantage of any given moment and turns it into an experience.
Where you begin to be less aware of your surroundings and ignore all interference.
Focusing on only each other, and letting the wind be the direction of your appearance.
Staying together because the presence of one another is the motive that leads to perseverance.

A love that wouldn't risks taking away the innocence of the significant other.
Struggling to conceal the thoughts that would dissapoint any mother.
An attraction that would take fifty shades of grey and give it a different color.
But these actions are able to be refrained from to respect the beliefs of one another.

A love that makes you imagine a flawless future together like a fairy tale.
Such a future with a precious family that are the heaviest on the priority scale.
Like a family that is liberated and content with hair blowing through a summers gale.
Where tears of sorrow can never be shed and true happiness will always prevail.

Having insomnia now just makes this feeling of despair and being alone gleam.
Nights are just filled with vague memories of how I held my infatuation in esteem
A love that perfect could keep me happy no matter how unrealistic it may seem.
I miss that kind of love but it will always be a kind that only exists within a lucid dream.

© 2015 Daniel Valentine Rivera


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful poem, you can really tell how engaged you were into writing this story, very descriptive and thoughts from the heart. Wonderful poem!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daniel Valentine Rivera

8 Years Ago

Thank you for the amazing review and your kind words. :)
Very nice poem I enjoyed it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daniel Valentine Rivera

8 Years Ago

I'm glad you did! Thank you.
Pink Pastel

8 Years Ago

Your welcome
This was such a beautiful poem.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

417 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 18, 2015
Last Updated on August 20, 2015

Author

Daniel Valentine Rivera
Daniel Valentine Rivera

NC



About
Hey I'm Daniel. I try to be friendly! I welcome your criticism and feedback. Anything and everything you want to say I will take into consideration so that it makes me a better writer. Enjoy.. more..

Writing