Inpatient Lullaby

Inpatient Lullaby

A Poem by Daniel Valentine Rivera
"

Written: 01/03/15

"
Hey, I'm just texting you because I just couldn't fall asleep.
And wanted to tell you a secret my heart can no longer keep.
It might not be the right time since it's late and the night is deep,
But I need to get this off my chest before I break down and start to weep.

Under this warm blanket wondering why I can't get you out my head.
And how in the morning, you're my only motive to get out of bed.
Nights without a single wink because I'm thinking about everything you've said.
Thinking I have insomnia because I rather be talking to you all night instead.

Everynight I toss and turn in a bed that normally feels like a cloud.
It's only at night when the silence in my bedroom sounds extremely loud.
Yet I still manage to roll out of bed feeling energenic, carefree and proud.
Never letting anything bother me during the day and just following the crowd.

When the sun sets, a sudden feeling of sadness fills inside me so blue.
Because it's almost like every little thought allows me to think of you.
And when that happends I forget to remember everything I knew.
How I'm just a friend and I how I wish that I was something more to you.

Around midnight every ten minutes just checking my phone.
Always debating if I should text you first or just leave you alone.
Trying to paint a picture of you in my head that my mind creates on its own.
So that when I sleep, a smile will be the only facial expression that's shown.

The messages I have of you are the ones I never dare to delete.
If you ever need me, text and I'll reply in a sincere heart beat.
I'd be here listening even if I our conversation isn't complete.
Make you happy enough to bring the heavens down to your feet.

Texting you at night is the only thing I look foward to from the start.
It's the only thing that can ease the pain everytime were apart.
The words that I see on this phone are the lullabys to my heart.
The thought of you caring is enough for me into my dreams depart.

My dreams are dark and I'm never able to see them because you're the light.
You iluminate my dreams and my reality that
leads me to poems for me to write.
Like a shooting star that grants all my wishes that last until it's out of sound and sight.
So all I ask is for you to help me sleep and dream or atleast for just one more night.

Your my favorite hello but your my least favorite goodbye.
To be absolutely everything you need is something I could try.
Love you until were under the earth where our bodies should lie.
Just for you to have everything you ever desired, I would die.

I'm in love with you, and it feels good to finally let it out like sinners to purify.
But if I don't feel the same love back my illness will allow my germs to mulitply.
The illness of feeling alone and your the only person I know that can possibly qualify.
You hold the cure but tonight I'm just an inpatient child who needs a lullaby.

© 2015 Daniel Valentine Rivera


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

well written Daniel, I can still remember this feeling of needing to speak of my feeling's for my love although we lacked the speed of texting back then lol, so I can only imagine how it must feel today to have that power to put into words so quickly your desires, I bet sometimes hasty words flow but overall here you have expressed your desires and made them into a great poem, very well done my friend :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daniel Valentine Rivera

8 Years Ago

Your review was much appreciated. Thanks you so much.



Reviews

Good job of showing us how it can be to be addicted to another person. I find this situation sad, but also common -- especially these days in the realm of love-via-texting. Being alone & having only texted words seems to lend itself to this type of self-absorption (it's really more about self, than the other person), which you've described so well. I think the poem is kinda long & repetitive (altho you've found creative & artful ways of saying the same thing over & over), & this aspect of the poem reflects the nature of being obsessed in a texting relationship.

Posted 8 Years Ago


You are really good at writing rhyming poems that flow! I am horrible at writing rhyming poems, so I truly admire that quality in a writer! I really liked this poem!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daniel Valentine Rivera

8 Years Ago

Thank You! I try to incorporate a rhyme scheme in almost all my poems because I feel this way people.. read more
Anonymous

8 Years Ago

Thanks for the good advice and you're welcome! :)
well written Daniel, I can still remember this feeling of needing to speak of my feeling's for my love although we lacked the speed of texting back then lol, so I can only imagine how it must feel today to have that power to put into words so quickly your desires, I bet sometimes hasty words flow but overall here you have expressed your desires and made them into a great poem, very well done my friend :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daniel Valentine Rivera

8 Years Ago

Your review was much appreciated. Thanks you so much.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

340 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 20, 2015
Last Updated on October 5, 2015

Author

Daniel Valentine Rivera
Daniel Valentine Rivera

NC



About
Hey I'm Daniel. I try to be friendly! I welcome your criticism and feedback. Anything and everything you want to say I will take into consideration so that it makes me a better writer. Enjoy.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Cool Sand Cool Sand

A Poem by MsJewel