Walls

Walls

A Story by Dy
"

She was trapped. He broke down her walls. Now they live together in their world.

"

She cast her gaze up, believing she had heard a noise. There was no one. There had been no one for a long time. She was just hearing things.

A boy stood watching her. Screaming, trying to get her attention. It was if she was behind a wall of glass. Nothing he said or did got through to her. On occasion it seemed that she might have heard something but then she would go back to sitting there thinking it was an illusion.

He worked each day to brake down the walls around her. Becoming more desperate after each attempt. He longed to be able to go to her side, to soothe the demons in her head. The pain of seeing her trapped there was becoming unbearable.

One day the prison finally collapsed. She could see the boy waiting for her. Tears streaming down her face, she ran to him. He folded her in his arms, thankful that he could hold her at last.

Smiling, she reached up to touch his face. Someone really was behind the wall. She had been trapped for so long that she hadn't remembered what the light of care was like. She stood, content just for him to hold her. There could be no better place than there in his arms.

He leaned down and whispered words of comfort into her ears. A slight smile was hidden in her eyes. Finally she could hear him.

They both still live. They spend their days standing side by side, holding hands. No one understands how the two can love each other so. Then again, no one else can see their world, just as the two can not see them.

© 2014 Dy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

it's beautifully raw I love it the only reason its not a perfect score is because there were a few spelling mistakes

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dy

10 Years Ago

Thank you. Would you mind pointing out my errors?
Raveness

10 Years Ago

allusion is illusion and that is it
Dy

10 Years Ago

Thank you. I guess I just had allusion stuck in my head from the poetry terms quiz I took on Friday.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 18, 2014
Last Updated on January 19, 2014

Author

Dy
Dy

About
I will continue to speak even if no one will hear me, and I shall continue to write even if no one will read it. Quotev Profile: InsomniaticDy Current Running Stories: Him And Her (Cafe), and An.. more..

Writing
Drip Drop Drip Drop

A Poem by Dy