Red SUV

Red SUV

A Story by Dygeleran
"

A story about a strange series of dreams I had that turn me into a believer of dream symbolism

"
Following the break up of my girlfriend and I after our two year relationship I was devastated. She was all I ever wanted but sadly she didn't feel the same way. She had a new boyfriend right after we broke up and seemed as though she had moved on past me. However, I started to feel more and more depressed with the passing days. I didn't feel like doing anything. I alternated between weeks of wanting to do nothing but sleep, to weeks where I couldn't sleep if I wanted to. When I did sleep though, I kept having dreams that were almost identical except the location would change in each dream. I would be walking in some location and a red SUV would be sitting in the road, waiting for me to pass by. As I would pass by the couple inside of the SUV would turn in a synchronized fashion towards me, then they would  get out of the vehicle and start trying to bargain with me to get in as if they were trying to kidnap a small child. When I would refuse, the two would give chase and it seemed like as my depression deepened they would closer and closer to catching me. Tonight though, the dream ended differently. This time, the couple cornered me. I was trapped in a driveway up against a garage. There was no running. This time I would fight. I started screaming for help to not only alert the nearby neighborhood but also as a distraction so I could discreetly slip a key I had in between my middle and ring fingers so when I made a fist the pointed end of the key stuck out. As I stepped forward the girl started trying to circle behind me so they could finally attempt to grab me. I quickly turned and thrust my fist at her, jabbing the key straight into her eye. Trying to capitalize on my back being turned the man lunged at me, and I thrust my elbow backwards. I felt his nose crush underneath my elbow as his hands grazed my shirt. By this time a few people have come out and rushed over to grab the would be kidnappers. Confused by this dream I decided to look up the dream symbols just to see if it could clear anything at all up for me. The red color on the SUV in my dream symbolized something of significance in my real life that was the color red. The girl who I was depressed about had her hair dyed that same red color. The SUV and the kidnappers represented large burdens and problems that were trying to take me away from my goals in life. What sticks out the most though is that this dream came at a time where I was finally beginning to get over the depression and the sadness of the break up. I think my dream self finally fighting back and standing up is me beating the depression that I was in. I also believe that the people who came out to aid me represent my friends and family who stood by my side and kept my head up the entire way through and to them, I thank you.

© 2014 Dygeleran


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on November 27, 2014
Last Updated on November 27, 2014
Tags: dreams, symbolism, break up