Extended Definition of Celebrity with Justin Bieber Analysis

Extended Definition of Celebrity with Justin Bieber Analysis

A Story by Dylan

The word celebrity has a wide range of meaning in today’s world.  The root of the word celebrity, celebr, means crowd, honor and solemnize. With these meanings you can infer that a celebrity is a noteworthy and well known individual. A person with a large following such as a fan base would be considered a celebrity. Another common description of a celebrity would be that they are often times easily recognizable to the general public and can be seen on TV, heard on the radio or read about in articles almost daily. Other identifiers of a celebrity that are not commonly noted would be social media presence, a large amount of internet searches containing the person’s name, and also more than a typical amount of money being made by an every-day individual. All of these characteristics combined make up a “celebrity”.

 

Justin Bieber is a perfect example of a “celebrity” and he exemplifies this title every day. With just over 87 million twitter followers Justin Bieber has one of the most well-known social media presences online. To go along with his social media presence, his fan base is commonly described as a cult that would do anything for Justin’s well-being. With such a huge following and a dedicated fan base like this, Justin is automatically considered a celebrity. Although he has these celebrity specific details it was his constant radio play and a number of magazine cover appearances that built up his persona. When someone is such a high profile celebrity like Justin, a huge paycheck comes along with it. It has been well documented that he has made hundreds of millions of dollars and at such a young age this feat has never been seen before. Although Justin might not be a first choice role model he definitely fits the mold of “celebrity” status.

© 2016 Dylan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

503 Views
Added on September 8, 2016
Last Updated on September 8, 2016
Tags: justinbieber, justin, celebrity, pop, news