OH, BABY !

OH, BABY !

A Poem by Eagle Cruagh
"

Sick desecration of our language

"
OH, BABY !
 
Baby this and baby that
Baby baby yo`re so phat
Who`s your baby he will crow
That`s the language
We all know
 
In England a girl`s a bird
In this country baby`s  slurred
Not flattering like Eire`s Colleen
Or Sheila in land of the queen
 
A he might be baby here
What`s the matter with our ear
Can we just call him girl
Is there no shame why not Earl
 
That`s all
Think I`ll just go
Some  place and bawl
 
---- Eagle Cruagh
 
 
 

© 2008 Eagle Cruagh


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very few take the name baby serious. They coo it out, to anyone, and everyone. The English language is being slaughtered by many, in the name of linguistic evolution. I would more consider it linguistic degradation.

Phat is a brand new word meaning: "The one who has much, and wears it well." I always considered fat to be the few extra pounds everyone is trying to loose.

Call me old fashioned but I prefer complete sentences, and complete thoughts. To abbreviate entire conversations is ludicrous.

A very cute little poem, baby...

Oh..Yeah...I shall only call you "baby" because I actually do love you. I would never say it to everyone.

Imogean~

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This was a great write. I hate slang. I can not understand why someone would say, "O.M.G." or "T.T.Y.L." Instead of just saying the words. What is with all the abrivations? When did "texting" become a part of our verbal language. I have a teenage cousin that when I speak to her, I need to decifer what she's saying to me.It takes me a minute to reply because sometimes I have no idea what she had said. I thought it was funny at first but as the conversation went on, I realized that she was not joking around, that she actually was speaking like this. What had happened to the English language? It has been reduced to made up words and letters. And when did calling someone a "dog" become a term of endearment and friendship. If someone called me a dog, I think I would be insulted. LOL...that I think means, Laugh Out Loud :-)

~Christine

Posted 15 Years Ago


I could feel the frustration in this piece. I love the flow and aggitation. I don't mind the use of the word. However, I don't care to listen to people that use slang as their language. I usually tune them out and keep writing.

Great write. Thank you for sharing 'dogg'. lol



Posted 15 Years Ago


This is the funniest thing I have read in a while. Kudos to you on this one. Laugh out loud funny and true too. LOL

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

lol,, you sound frustrated!!! I don't mind the word baby, I can't stand the word babe!! now thats an overated pet name...

Posted 15 Years Ago


I hate how words can lose their meaning by becoming too common used. I like the comparisons you used too.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This was a delight and a very fun read!!! I loved it !!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Laughing and giggling here.. what would we do without words like ... and ... and ... and. doesn't baby mean something small and cute that needs a lot of caring!

This bird's going to fly away now, still giggling!

Posted 16 Years Ago


The blasted baby syndrome! I enjoyed the lighthearted presence you've infused into this piece. It's reassuring enough to know that at least ONE man realizes 'Oh baby' doesn't quite make the grade.

Still chuckling...



Posted 16 Years Ago


Hey baby (smile) - That was cute!!!!!!!!!!



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I didnt really get this poem. Sorry
Will you explain it to me pls??

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

467 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 3, 2008

Author

Eagle Cruagh
Eagle Cruagh

CA



About
-------It is your mind---- that creates this world--- -----Buddha ----------------------- eaglecruagh.blogspot.com .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..