OUT OF DARKNESS

OUT OF DARKNESS

A Poem by Eagle Cruagh
"

Release from the grasp of dark and cloying minds ---

"
OUT OF DARKNESS
 
Would but the world to ramble
Not a rumble to be seen
A warm and rosy sunshine
The world a tender place to be
 
No judgment in the weather
Pit Bulls have released their hold
Life`s a ramble in the heather
Breathe the cleansing cold
 
Gone annoyance of old leather
Made to bind and hold
None but tendrils of new blossoms
Gone thoughts of getting old
 
Redundant stuff from darkness
Of old closed minds and mold
God thank You for this moment
Embracing freedom that is gold
---- Eagle Cruagh

© 2008 Eagle Cruagh


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This poem made me think of death. It is not that grieving death of a loved one, but the peaceful death of the body, that sets the soul free. I envisioned metaphors throughout the poem. I could see the struggles of earthly relationships releasing into peaceful solitude. The freedom of worldly constraints, brings about a serenity that can only be felt in the thereafter. A place where time has no meaning.

Of course, this is my interpretation. I may be way off course. Do let me know if I am, dear...

Imogean~
MY RATING--- 100%

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is nice. Very much how I think of my grandparents and father.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A beautiful poem of freedom and a peaceful world.. this is a good one..

Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is such a great poem I loved it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Life`s a ramble in the heather
Breathe the cleansing cold

Gone annoyance of old leather
Made to bind and hold

I love the depth and insight here. beautiful language. very fine poem.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Beautiful, for just a moment I was there with you. Peaceful, tranquil, and insightful. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


i liked your rhyme scheme. it has this languid flow, yet still holds you at the end of each line.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow... what a great piece... makes the reader think...


Posted 15 Years Ago


I had to read this three times (that's my reading average, must learn to learn - lol) Unlike the reader below, I see this as a celebration of what's to come, the movement from past to future albeit in slow, slow time.

'Gone annoyance of old leather Made to bind and hold None but tendrils of new blossoms Gone thoughts of getting old' . Am I wrong, or, do we see things differently - answer: of course we do?!

(What happened to your longgg story, your missing love/the red rose?)


Posted 15 Years Ago


A very inspiring poem and one filled with interesting imagery. It seems to jump around a little, though - how do you get from weather to pit bulls to heather and then suddenly back to weather with "cold?" I don't see much of a connection; it might help if you clarify a little to fill in the gaps. The rhymes seems a bit forced at times, too (especially with "weather" and "heather") and you seem to really like the "hold/old/gold" etc. type of rhyme. It might make a little more sense to mix it up or, perhaps, to keep the that particular rhyme consistent through every stanza (which means you'd only have to add it to the first!). Despite my nitpicking, though, I did enjoy this poem, particularly the last stanza of it!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I really love the last stanza. It is a great closing after a great build up. The poem flows with imagery at a fast pace. That lends to the closing line which is really good.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

666 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on April 20, 2008

Author

Eagle Cruagh
Eagle Cruagh

CA



About
-------It is your mind---- that creates this world--- -----Buddha ----------------------- eaglecruagh.blogspot.com .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Faith Faith

A Poem by Phill Oz O'fee