Gratitude

Gratitude

A Poem by Tania Leigh

If it’s true that the night belongs to no one,

and if nobody owns the ebony skies,

then from whom am I borrowing the shadows

that are cleverly concealing my soulless eyes?

And to whom do I give thanks for the howling winds

for expertly disguising your desperate cries?

I would also like to thank them for the moonlight

that lets me see your face as I bury you  with your lies.

 

© 2008 Tania Leigh


Author's Note

Tania Leigh
This happy little poem was inspired by great gusts of wind last night that caused me to look out my window and see a very full moon. The rest is just my twisted thoughts lol

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love this one sis, I can picture you gazing out the window with that look you get on your face while you compose. Something about this line just draws me right in, it's my favorite. Awesome Job!!

"and if nobody owns the ebony skies,
then from whom am I borrowing the shadows
that are cleverly concealing my soulless eyes?"

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Dangerous and deadly - great rhythm...and warning to potential suitors - they should cross you at their own peril. Very vampiry/gothic.

Fantastic

Hugs, Mystic

Posted 15 Years Ago


i love the cubed emotive introduction... its like a puzzled fact, being questioned redundantly and eventually there is no answer after all... making someone realize that pain can just fade away in the darkness... nothing is permanent..so you won't push further ....

Posted 15 Years Ago


That was great! one of my favs. I had to read it twice, to really get a feel of the whole piece. clever, i loved it!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Wow. This is really creepy, but in a good way.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I so do love it especially the last two lines... But, I am left thinking... is this person being buried literally or figuratively. Either way it's great.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow, very beautiful. "ebony skies" and all the adjetives, metaphors, succicently written. ---mishel

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well written, nice emotion I felt it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

lovely write. Ur twisted thoughts flowed well. nice1.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Reminds me of listening to the Murder Ballards by Nick Cave. Definately something spooky/gothic like in the sounds of the words. Was thinking that the last line could be 'that lets me see your eyes as I bury you with your lies.' because the moonlight tends to reflect well from eyeballs.
Great work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Opens a little door into the darkness of the subconscious mind. The individual personality is suppressed while you ruminate on the 'you', whoever that might be, with your soulless eyes. There's a little hurt there in the background, working its way through revenge to fulfilment.
Interesting write.
David.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

946 Views
48 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on March 21, 2008

Author

Tania Leigh
Tania Leigh

NH



About
4/7/08 When my "Phobia" contest is completed April 18th, and winners have been chosen and notified, I'll be leaving the cafe indefinitely to focus on my family, as well as my first book and website. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


     The Chat Room The Chat Room

A Story by Rain


Time Time

A Poem by Rain


The Deal The Deal

A Poem by Tania Leigh