Light

Light

A Story by Elle Alley

Even in the darkest places you can find light. A place where the pain is less. Hold on into that spark, keep breathing, keep fighting.


Everybody feels lost sometimes, in the middle of a cold room, nowhere to go, nowhere to escape. Caught in this dark room, empty, but fill with doubt.


I’ve been there. I’ve been lost. I’ve been scared, still I am. I don’t have words of wisdom, not even words of hope, but I keep walking in the dark. Sometimes I’m hopeless and sometimes in peace. But remember.


Even in this moment, when the dark consumes every hope of a better day, the light can be found, no matter how little, is the secret promise of a great today. There you go. A chance to live, not always perfect, but always hopeful to find the light in the darkest time.

© 2016 Elle Alley


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Elle, your words exalt the soul to a place of strength, even in the dark places, even in the shadowed world that tries to strip us of hope and courage. Walk on. We can walk on. We have your stirring words to let us know that the world will never be perfect, never be one of pure light, but we will find the light if we keep moving toward dawn's sighs. xo

Posted 7 Years Ago


I enjoy poems that make me think. While reading it I was struck by how you waver from hopelessness to peace and I wondered what is it about hope that brings one peace. Hope is just an idea, whereas the darkness is real and overwhelming. Yet the idea of hope has the power to transcend the darkness and in many cases has its own illuminating qualities. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 24, 2016
Last Updated on January 24, 2016

Author

Elle Alley
Elle Alley

Madrid, Madrid, Spain



About
I am curious, happy with a little bit of darkness. I am a human being and that could explain why I make all this mistakes. Anyways, I am fine and ready to write. more..

Writing
Woman Woman

A Story by Elle Alley


I Choose I Choose

A Story by Elle Alley


Electricity Electricity

A Story by Elle Alley