conjoined sonnets

conjoined sonnets

A Poem by Eponymous Anonymous
"

two sonnets, joined at the side: [brackets contain (one sonnet] is contained in parentheses)

"

      (the
[the Day of Festival has come at (last] time i saw Miriam she said)
[when all the boys and girls begin to (sing] to me a lullaby tonight)
[when no one cares a whit about the (past] and future times to me are dead)
[and every man can feel like he’s a (king] s and queens have faded from my sight)
[from where they came and where they’re going (to] you my friend i give my last request)
[not a single soul has cause to (care] for me as i would do for you)
[there’s just so many better things to (do] not keep me from my final rest)
[than ponder over what or why or (where] i will wait in peacefulness for you)
[today these people live for only (now] i feel my end approaching fast)
[neverminding who or how or (when] i shall find myself at Heaven’s door)
[only this to be their solemn (vow] to me you’ll meet me there at last)
[that they must frolic every now and (then] i shall close my eyes forevermore)
[yet all must change when following To(day] in day out she says it all again)
[these hes and hers return to being (they] say that she won’t take her medicine)

© 2008 Eponymous Anonymous


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
Added on August 16, 2008
Last Updated on August 16, 2008

Author

Eponymous Anonymous
Eponymous Anonymous

TX



About
I Am Eponymous Anonymous. Yes, that is my real name. :) more..

Writing