Draft Day

Draft Day

A Poem by Jack Kennedy
"

The Motion

"
              
On the twenty second of may,
For me is a certain draft day
Drafted to a land of uncertainty
This fact alone just worries me

Shipped out with a lost mind
All of us lined up to be set 'free'
What will ever happen to me
Must I be drafted in the league

Will I end up like others before me
Heartless, miserable and alone
Hopeless, detestable and single
Who knows, I'll find out in time

On the twenty second of may
I will be on the stage waiting,
Waiting to be finally drafted,
Drafted to a land of uncertainty

© 2014 Jack Kennedy


Author's Note

Jack Kennedy
I graduate high school tomorrow 5/22/14 and these are my thoughts on it...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

As I stepped from the threshold of childhood to that of a young man so many years ago I too took the time in stride, questioning life like do now. I still hope I will be half the man I want to be but that like many things is a process of time and effort.

Kudos man and keep it up.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wynter Ignatius

9 Years Ago

Yeah, I'm playing catch-up with my requests - three digits is a bit much to be in the red.
Jack Kennedy

9 Years Ago

Wow three digits? That's gonna be a heavy duty I must say but good luck with it, I'm sure it'll be f.. read more
Wynter Ignatius

9 Years Ago

Just feel behind due to various things and want to catch up a bit. I don't request myself often as .. read more



Reviews

Jack this voice speaks of what is in the writer's mind...fear, anxiety and uncertainty is major on the list...there's images here of things that could be (but) uncertainty of the outcome. In a sense the writer presents an image of freedom to soar but sadness robs his freedom's because a human mind runs wild with images of failure and an ending. I loved this Jack it puts the poem into pure perspective and allows the reader to feel it too.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jack Kennedy

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the review and the feedback! I'm glad you felt what I wrote!
Barbara Kasey Smith

9 Years Ago

Your Welcome!!/BKSmith
Congratulations on your graduation...

Excellent write...you are entering a world of independence as well as uncertainty as you embark on your journey as an adult...hoping goes well in your new chapter in your life.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ahh, it is indeed a path of uncertainty but a wondrous path filled with many journeys... Each step will be a lesson to the next; to be the person you were meant to be. May peace and light shine upon your heart...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jack Kennedy

9 Years Ago

Awe thank you for your wise and kind words :) I'm very grateful for them :)
Linda Moon

9 Years Ago

You're most welcome...
And thank you for being an inspiration in mine :-)
That was very good, congrats..
and hey hehe 22-5 my dadys bday :$
"Free" haha o remember i felt that when i was graduating my high school, i felt like im in a military haha and the music was like my heart beats haha,, very funny .. and hey i dont think that it was that bad , though i am "Hopeless, detestable and single" hahah sometimes, not usually, but i know that life is we made it, since we create and it never creates us...
i hope that better days are coming for you and nothing bad will happen, be hopeful :)
and that was a good piece :D

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very interesting, I wish you well my friend, I too graduate this year (in 11 days) :P and I too feel very anxious about it ..... I truly love this image of a graduate facing his future with caution.... great write, good luck!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Jack Kennedy

9 Years Ago

Congratulations on graduating and I wish the best of luck to you as well! Thanks for the review
Very relisistic feeling to have about leaving the "save zone" of life and stepping into the real world that school hides from people.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I really liked this Jack. The uncertainties of life once we graduate high school can certainly be overwhelming! You penned that nicely with this one.

~Stefanie

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This piece echoes the same feelings and sentiments i had when i graduated. Being outside the walls of school is full of uncertainty but that makes it more exciting. Congratulations!

Posted 9 Years Ago


nice thought it was interesting

Posted 9 Years Ago


Draft day..."Drafted to a land of uncertainty"
How true.
But I'm sure this land of uncertainty will turn into a land of safe, and secure, happiness.
Congrats on graduating!
lissalovesyou:)

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

709 Views
32 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 22, 2014
Last Updated on May 22, 2014
Tags: Graduation

Author

Jack Kennedy
Jack Kennedy

Pell City, AL



About
Others on this site to check out - Jennie Baron Gabby Nieves Eli Jarman NoelHC Maria Rose Kasey Miriam Ana B. Black Rose & There are more out there My name is Jack Kennedy and I like t.. more..

Writing
FeAR. FeAR.

A Poem by Jack Kennedy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Time Time

A Poem by Tate Morgan