Broken People.

Broken People.

A Story by Rev Edward McClelland
"

A short observations of hate and my attempt to analyze it.

"

Broken People.

 

 

Most people that I meet, and I would say a good ninety nine percent are decent law abiding people that mean others no harm.

 But in my experience, when I have met someone who seemed difficult often they were unabashedly or vocally an antisemite or other type of  prejudice I was on guard, as experience taught me that the first time that they feel the slightest bit negative about you, they will react badly towards you and put you in the same category of their usual scapegoats that they blame for not doing well financially or otherwise. It couldn't possibly be their own fault through laziness, substance abuse or poor planning. In their mindset, certain groups are trying to cheat them, and their failures have to be the fault of a greedy enemy. Jewish people are a convenient enemy as the negative narrative has already been put there by historic and modern-day antisemites and they will usually even go as far as denying the holocaust to help the argument of their struggle and act as if it were a normal and rational belief. 

 

If you have met someone like this and have done business with and they perceived that you unjustly earned money from them and they are in one of their low moods and or under the influence of drugs or alcohol, they will put you the same category as their perceived malefactors and lash out against you with whatever argument they can.

 

I think the most important thing is to not reduce yourself to their level and maintain a logical and truthful stance and try to be understanding and then distance yourself permanently from them. It is always an unexpected experience and usually unpleasant.

 

I rise every day hoping that all will be right in the world but some days, I am tired of hate and just long maybe to reside monastically in a peaceful hermitage.

 

 

 

 

Rev. Edward McClelland 06/27/23

 


© 2023 Rev Edward McClelland


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A beautiful article on sociological behaviour. Every one is made out of two sides like a coin. In every man a woman is there and in every woman a man is there. Even sexual behaviour, emotions, feelings all depends on interactive efficiency of dominant traits. Good work 👍

Posted 7 Months Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 27, 2023
Last Updated on August 16, 2023
Tags: hate, xenophobe, prejudice, Jewish, losers.