Trips to Twin Pizza.

Trips to Twin Pizza.

A Story by Rev Edward McClelland
"

Going for pizza.

"

Trips to Twin Pizza.

 

Often on a Sunday afternoon and occasionally on other days, when we would have guests over, my parents would announce that we would be getting Twins Pizza.

 

Our excitement would be great, and we would be smacking our lips as we imagined the exquisite and unmatched flavor of Twins Pizza.

 

My mother would always be the one who called ahead, and the telephone number was one digit different from the Lincoln Woods Riding Academy, and she would sometimes catch herself ordering a large and a small cheese pizza to a barn hand or Riding Academy owner, Al Parks himself.

Soon, my father and I were on our way to Mineral Spring Avenue and Twins and the restaurant was always packed to the brim. My father would carry the pizzas out to the car and place them on my lap when I sat in the car. The ride home was somewhat tortuous being so close to the pizza and the aroma, nearly irresistible. The heat from the pizza boxes was intense and I would shift my knees up and down to relieve the burning feeling, for the entire road home.

Once we were home and the pizza was on the table, I was the first person to sit at the table and I believe I have the record for eating the most pieces at seven pieces of pizza. I also would sneak some to our family dog would strategically position himself under the table to retrieve droppings and purposely fed pieces of pizza. When our bellies were finally full, everyone always commented on how good the pizza was and I sometime would remark that when I grew up, I would love to learn how to make pizza like Twins.

 

 

 

Rev. Edward C. McClelland 10/01/2023

© 2023 Rev Edward McClelland


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on October 28, 2023
Last Updated on October 28, 2023