The speedrunning poem

The speedrunning poem

A Poem by L.Z
"

A poem dedicated to the speedrunning hobby. This is my 1st poem ever and I hardly know any "rules" of poem writing and I would really like to get some basic tips.

"
It's an easy task,
as it doesn't require you to learn anything but the game itself.
It's a small comptetion,
as most people have other things to do than play video games in their free time.
It's pulling away your time,
as on averge it takes more time beat 100 other speedrunners in a single game than learning an entire degree in the university.
Of course,
it only requires you to sit and play a game.
Of course,
You don't need impressive "real life skills'/achivements to be a good speedrunner just as easily.
Of course,
You need to focus more on copying what you see in videos directly.
Of course,
You spend 99% of the time you speedrun a game restarting and restaring bloody.

© 2016 L.Z


Author's Note

L.Z
I know this sucks, all tips are appraised

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Some major elements that you are lacking which you may want to add in a revision or your next poem is to write with a regular or semi regular meter; meter is the amount of syllables in each line of you poem and it is largely responsible for the flow of the poem. Because you break your meter frequently you poem is more of a prose poem; of course you are free to take this approach as well I just had the feeling that you were attempting for the classic form of poetry with a regular meter based on how you started the poem. In addition you have little to no literary devices or figurative language in your poem; this is the bread and butter of literature and should definitely be added. Add metaphors, similes, refrain, hyperbole, alliteration, allusion, to name a few, you're poetry will be received much better if you make these kinds of additions. I doubt there are very many poems about this topic so I'm genuinely curious to how it will turn out if you choose to edit this poem. I wish you luck, have fun!

Posted 8 Years Ago


L.Z

8 Years Ago

I'm shocked to get a review so f*cking fast lol, thanks. Some of the things you said are not clear t.. read more
Osephyr

8 Years Ago

I watched the video and I have a question for you: is this poem going to emulate the feeling that gu.. read more
L.Z

8 Years Ago

As for your question: this poem emulates *my* feelings towrds speedrunning which are simliar to the .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
1 Review
Added on March 31, 2016
Last Updated on April 6, 2016
Tags: Speedrunning hobby video games n

Author

L.Z
L.Z

Writing
Start here Start here

A Chapter by L.Z


A A

A Chapter by L.Z