An Explanation

An Explanation

A Chapter by Eldee
"

What might be considered a prologue...

"

    Once, the world had dreams. America had equality. China had expansion.  Japan had recovery. These countries were the world’s most known, and the greatest influences in global economy. Thus it wasn’t surprising that when they fell- the rest of the world became nothing but gravel. 

    When they fell- the world lost everything.

    It began with the drop in the stock market, and when a suspiciously uncoordinated government fueled the responses to the sudden losses, the middle class became obliterated. Most families lost everything and were forced to the streets. A few lucky ones, those with connections or simple luck, found themselves in the higher class.
   
    The first day of the depression was August 14th, 4004. The entire population was diverted back to the simple noble and peasant classes. Rural areas escaped the worst of it, but in the year 4004 very little rural areas were left.
   
    In the cities… it was indescribable.

    Homeless people created the sea of what used to be the employed and fortunate. It was impossible to walk out of a building and not be swept into the flood of poverty and hopelessness. In the best-off areas globally the homeless simply flooded the streets. In the worst-off areas they devoured the streets.

    The end of urban civilization was completed on September 1st, 4004.

    Because the global unions were so inefficient that they could do nothing to protect the international population, the homeless people were left to simply exist. Meanwhile, the rich and the people who managed to escape a lost of all property, acted as if nothing had changed.

    No one noticed the changes until it was to late.

    Although most stores and companies were sent down the drain the few that remained were targets for anger and rage. On September 1st the CEO’s of four major companies were murdered. What was left of the global community looked towards the homeless as the murderers… but there were none to be found- at least not live ones.

    In a day the entire world was forced to rethink it’s situation, and in the end there was a unanimous decision to wipe out the problem. For among large unsanitary populations disease spreads very, very easily… and among the worlds homeless a disease with unimaginable side-affects was spreading.
   
    The disease either left the person a rotting corpse, or caused them to evolve. Unfortunately, the evolutions were on far too grand of a scale to accurately categorize them. The homeless, as the first ones to notice these changes, were in hiding. But not in the depth of the city, they escaped to the areas least affected by the changes in the world.
    They fled to the wilderness.

    And so what was left of civilization closed their cities in with walls of steel and rock. For 2662 years they left the Earth to seize control once more, and tried to keep the new revolutionized homeless out of their utopias. Unfortunately, the cities have something that the Outer-Beings crave. They have organization… they have hope… and they have government, corrupted of course, but still in existence. Perhaps if the Inner-Beings left those who are still homeless alone then peace might ring true. But all they seek to do is to destroy an abomination.

    We will stand for this no longer. Once our world was great until it fell to corruption and falsehoods. Once we had a dream.

    That dream has not yet faded.


Name: Bennue or Benny. She has no last name because her mother abandoned her as a child, as most wild children are.
Age: 16 or close to that age
Gender: Female
Personality:
Ability: A superb memory and a trick for speech, evolved into the ability to awaken memories in other people with words. Can trap people within their memories, and view the memories of other people, especially if they have week minds. But she views memories from a third person perspective rather then the perspective of the person reliving the memory.
Disabilities: Weak physically and incapable of defending herself, which forces her to often go along with stronger Outer-Beings. Easily becomes ill
 



© 2008 Eldee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on October 13, 2008


Author

Eldee
Eldee

Southlake, TX



About
NAME: Eldee, LD, Little Dragon, Eldearie BDAY: August 5th, 1992 Ah, what is there to say about little old me? I am 18 years of age, female, and an aspiring writer. Currently I am attending U.. more..

Writing
Psychology Psychology

A Chapter by Eldee


Idealism Idealism

A Chapter by Eldee