Where did I find God?

Where did I find God?

A Story by Elder Reeve
"

Just where I found God.

"

Where did I find God?

                I have spent my entire life trying to find God. I have looked in many places, to different degrees of success. As I have looked I have often gotten distracted. Before I tell you about these distractions I want to tell you that I know there is a God. I know that Jesus Christ is his son. I also know where I found him.

                It was about my eighth year of school that I pretty much gave up on finding God. I had spent many years trying to find him and I did not see much success. I decided instead to do the things that I knew would bring me happiness right then. That for the most part was video games, movies, friends, and getting together with girls. I will be the first to admit I was making some bad decisions. I did a lot of things I know God did not approve of. I was just doing the things that I knew I would enjoy.

                It was about my junior year of high school that I realized I was missing a lot. I was happy during the time I was doing these things, but it did not seem to last very long. It went away when I beat the game, got home from the show, my friends left, or I broke up with the latest girl. I decided it was time to pick up my search to find out where God was hiding.

                I had often heard people say that to find God you should turn to the scriptures. I started there, and got bored quickly. I kept at it though and did my best to read regularly. I also started to pray like I was talking to someone who was actually there, who actually cared about what I was thinking. The last thing was I tried to live a life like what Christ had suggested for us. For the most part that meant looking in my daily life for ways I could help people with small things every day.

                I can’t say at which point Christ entered my heart. I do know where he had been though. I had been pushing him away by trying to distract myself with other things in life. He had never been gone, he had been waiting for me to welcome him into my life. I realized that when he returned so quickly. I had been expecting him to need to travel from heaven, which I figured would be a long trip, but he had actually been right there the entire time.

                Now I look for Christ and God in a different way. Whenever they seem distant from me I try my best to see what I could be doing differently. I don’t think of terms of “where is God?” I think of “what am I doing to push God away from me?” Doing this has brought God into my everyday life, and made it so much easier to have him with me always. He is waiting to be with you right now, just invite him to be with you.

© 2014 Elder Reeve


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on March 25, 2014
Last Updated on March 25, 2014
Tags: Where, God, How, Who

Author

Elder Reeve
Elder Reeve

Cambridge, MA



About
I do martial arts, and include its influence in alot of my writings, I also LOVE role play! more..

Writing
Why Me? Why Me?

A Story by Elder Reeve