Living Nightmares Are A B***h.

Living Nightmares Are A B***h.

A Story by EliJoLee

She whispers and I stupidly listen as she fills my head with random ramblings and children's nursery rhymes. 

"One, two buckle my shoe Three, four shut the door..."

And then as a cruel joke, slams the door shut, just to see me jump and I hear her laugh. 

It's her laughter that keeps me awake at night, playing hide-and-seek in the shadows. 

"Come and find me," I hear her say. 

But I reverse the playing field and I hide under the blankets even though she already knows where I am. 

Even if I do fall asleep, I can't escape to cotton candy flavored clouds and a miscolored world becasue she stares at me with white glazed eyes behind my lids. 

That's the only time I see her.  Her long, ravon hair paints the walls black and her skin is snow white that it almost matches the color of her eyes and she's the only thing that stands out in the darkness.

"Come and play with me," she says again. 

Her voice doesn't give me much comfort but what does these days? 

I can only now sit in darkness and wait for the sun to make her disappear but what good will that do? 

She'll only reappear as soon as it goes away, making my life a living hell.

© 2009 EliJoLee


Author's Note

EliJoLee
i started this around halloween and finished it now so...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
Added on January 11, 2009
Last Updated on January 13, 2009

Author

EliJoLee
EliJoLee

WI



About
well, i'll say what any female writer says is that yes, i love to write (obviously). I basically only stick with poetry and short stories because those are pretty much the only things that i know how.. more..

Writing