Maybe I'm Selfish.

Maybe I'm Selfish.

A Poem by ShannonElise
"

is love really worth it? one...two...three...four..how many more?

"
He was innocent at first glance and I embraced it.
He said everyone wears a mask- it just sometimes takes a while to come off.
He showed me the monster that had been growing inside.
I turned away without any guilt.
He was a rare type of beauty, but I was not dumb.  
He left my life just as quickly as he came in.
He was like a gust of wind, I could feel him all the way in my bones.
I know my voice still lingers in your head.
He was persistent- a hopeless romantic set on rekindling an old love once lost.
He learned the hard way its hard to set fire to something that burned out so long ago.
He was left kicking up the ashes.
I couldn't even say that I was sorry.
He cared, and that was more then what I could have asked for.
He said I was the light of his life, but I ended up being the poison in his veins.
He offered me the world.
I said I had my own.

© 2014 ShannonElise


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Holy-Crap! Sometimes even most of the time .. love put us into the crap of pain from where it's too hard to get off our insanity .. love's certain but the lovers made it uncertain, no matter what...may be this's a life, this's a way to get the someone pain or feeling onself ache ..

"He was persistent- a hopeless romantic set on rekindling an old love once lost."

What a lovely killer line! I loved this line..this line's what that forced me to read this line again and again to feel how much pain you passes through .. well, if the time doesn't wait,then how can you think ..the pain can? No way .. the pain never stops ..it's too get vanished away into the ashes kicking you your life up once again for living. Lovely hopeless love! Sadly written from the heart! Emotional wrecking words! I'll take a look forward reading your some more cool stuffs.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sharp, smart and witty write and last line was essence of your poem. Good job!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wise to know the limits you have with another... some feel they need the not to be.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
3 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 25, 2014
Last Updated on March 28, 2014