French Soldier

French Soldier

A Poem by Ellie Howard
"

Something i whipped up in Creative writing class/By the way i make up words, previously i'v used the word "ivorene" and now i'm using "englossed" I think the fictional genre gives licence to do so.

"
 What I didn't know was that there were riots in downtown New Orleans earlier this evening. 
The dew of the air was sticky sweet, 
the french uniforms of the soldiers stuck to their skin tightly as
sweat beaded translucently down their cheeks. 
The chrome light of the moon illuminated the fur of their coats, 
the buttons falling loosely on their torso, lightly floating on the seems of the red suede.
The golden ropes of the soldiers' lapels un-weaved and clattered weightlessly onto their shoulders.
What I didn't know was that the french women, englossed in all her pearls, 
laid dead on the floor of her parlor, shot in the back.
 The French soldier's brass bullet casings lied in the dusty gun's ashes near her corridor window.
What I didn't know, was that you were that french women.
What I didn't know was that, that same french soldier was also my lover, 
the man of which i came to an affair.

© 2012 Ellie Howard


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A interesting story. I like that you went back to the old days. Old New Orleans was a special place. A place where the dirt of the world could feel safe. I enjoyed the tale. Funny how things can fall together in a story or life. Thank you for the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

very short but at the same time very intersting and very nicely written. i really like the way it was penned..

Posted 11 Years Ago


A interesting story. I like that you went back to the old days. Old New Orleans was a special place. A place where the dirt of the world could feel safe. I enjoyed the tale. Funny how things can fall together in a story or life. Thank you for the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very interesting poem. I think it needs a bit of work and touch up, but ultimately I liked this read a lot. The fact that she finds the soldier dead is shocking. Nicely done.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

263 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 25, 2012
Last Updated on September 25, 2012

Author

Ellie Howard
Ellie Howard

San Antonio, TX



About
I'm 16 years old, and i'm in love with writing and literacy education. Writing is one of the only ways, besides my art, where i can express how i feel with confidence. Even though i'm not the religio.. more..

Writing