We make up endings to satisfy ourselves.

We make up endings to satisfy ourselves.

A Story by QueenElizabeth
"

To face reality would be one of the best things you ever did for yourself.

"

We don’t face realities that don't satisfy us. We are afraid. We are scared and we get small. When we don’t like something we rarely accept it. We fight or we flight. We fight and get angry at the person that chose to end it the way they did. We scream at each other until it forces the other person to comply with our demands or we stomp down the street yelling frustrating and undeniably hurting truthful words. Or we flight. We ignore, we pretend. We pretend everything is still normal. We think it will blow over. It's just a minor bump. This isn't really the end. We think this can't be the end. It's too horrible to be the end. We run away we take a vacation, a walk, a breather, something to make us forget. So when we come back we can step firmly on the rug. The rug with everything we ever did not like or didn't want to deal with in the moment swept hurriedly beneath it. We go into different worlds, daydream, nightmares, imagine what was different. We make up and tell ourselves over and over and over again something to stop the ending. To stall it. To supposedly change it. To satisfy us. We rarely face the realities that has been handed to us. But when we do that is when true pain and suffering is felt. When we talk of death, sicknesses, illnesses, injuries, heartbreak, love, hate, fear, depression etc. It's when problems get solved. When truth can be found. When we can finally move on. When we can finally let go. When we start to grow instead of continuously stunting ourselves. When we face the realities that don't satisfy us, we progress.

© 2016 QueenElizabeth


Author's Note

QueenElizabeth
Anything helps! I want all sorts of reviews. From what you felt to grammar rules to structure etc. I want it all! Don't feel like you have to sugar coat it either. I like blunt.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on April 18, 2016
Last Updated on April 18, 2016