"Rainbow Repeat."

"Rainbow Repeat."

A Story by QueenElizabeth

I keep listening to this song on repeat. Hoping my surroundings will change to the beat of it. Blasting the music to blur my vision of reality. Skipping down the guitar strings. Following the keys on the piano. I look at you and we link arms and start doing the “wizard of oz skip” down our yellow brick road that goes on forever. We start dancing like the people in the 60’s. You bow to me and twirl me. We start to get dizzy but not without huge smiles on our faces. You lean in and peck me on the mouth. I grab a candied apple from a bush and put it in your mouth. You take one big juicy bite and then toss it behind you. We step onto the “escalator-like” rainbow and up into the cirrus clouds we ride. We suck them in and breath them out laughing so hard. We decide this is where we should get off. We jump off the huge band of color into the soft ball foam pit 20,000 feet below us. We eventually fall asleep there. Hours later, I wake up alone in my bed with the song still on repeat.

© 2016 QueenElizabeth


Author's Note

QueenElizabeth
What has been one of your favorite dreams?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on May 1, 2016
Last Updated on May 1, 2016