Darkness I

Darkness I

A Poem by Elle
"

2008

"
Every morning, waking up, turning on the lights and seeing only the dark still hovering over you. Throwing open the blinds and peering into the morning sun and spotting darkness lingering. Hop into the pouring, hot shower, closing your eyes, letting darkness invade your every thought. Running to catch the bus; the light still hasn't caught up. Entering school you still feel it on your face and heavy on your shoulders. Talking, smiling, laughing with your friends. The darkness starts to retreat. First bell ringing, you're escaping, the darkness evading. Lunching, chatting, only the light shines through. End of the day, almost over, you feel it pulling you back. Home, its there, always present, looming. Walk through the front door, feel it wash over you, hear the words it breathes. Marching straight home. Slamming the door. You know its already there, never left. Crumpling, sobbing, dying you let it back in. The darkness is returning. Overpowering you. Controlling your every move. Its back and you're left with nothing to do but wait for morning's light.

© 2016 Elle


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on June 14, 2016
Last Updated on June 14, 2016

Author

Elle
Elle

Indianapolis, IN



Writing
Dragon Dragon

A Poem by Elle


Darkness II Darkness II

A Poem by Elle