Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Ellii Smith-Johnson

Prologue

                 “What big eyes you have Grandma...” I gasp, nearing ‘Grandma’, my stomach twisting into uncomfortable knots.

                “All the better to see you with, my dear!” her tongue shoots out and licks her lips. They were hairy- even hairier than normal.

                “What a long nose you have Grandma...” I gulp down a slight fear and slip my hand down to the pocket of my red cloak, my fingers wrapping round the handle.

                “All the better to smell you with, my deary!” ‘Grandma’ inhales deeply, smacking her lips yet again.

                I look down at the floor, “And what a lovely knife I have.” After a short pause I continue, “All the better to kill you with...”

Quick as lightening, I pull my hand from my pocket and brandish the knife in front of me.

                “If you kill me, my dear, then I can’t tell you where your Grandma is...” the wolf snarls, saliva dripping from his canines.

                I think for a second. Do I risk the life of my Grandma, my trainer, my best friend? Or do I let the filthy wolf escape from my blade.

                “I’ve got an idea... If you tell me where Grandma is, I won’t kill you. Deal?” I ask, even placing my knife down on the bed to prove how serious I was.

                “Deal,” the wolf snarls, “Go to Vault 741 in Anderson Bank, London. The map there will show you exactly where your precious grandmother is.” He turns to walk away and I pull my other hand from my other pocket.

                “You don’t get to where I am with honesty,” I smirk to myself, pulling the trigger.

The wolf falls to the floor. Dead.



© 2012 Ellii Smith-Johnson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

WOW!!! Great set up.... Nice Prologue. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love this twist! Can't wait to read more. :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 7, 2012
Last Updated on March 7, 2012


Author

Ellii Smith-Johnson
Ellii Smith-Johnson

United Kingdom



About
Hey everyone! I'm a British twelve year old with a passion for reading and writing. I've been writing since I was about six, but the majority of what I've written has ended up in the bin. I don't b.. more..

Writing