Written Souls

Written Souls

A Poem by I Am Svetlana

Can't seem to write anything

But the words keep flowing

Where are they coming from?

Obviously, a place that exists

Only in my mind

which is mixed and jumbled with thoughts

And dreams

I could never let go.

Words explain the best part of us.

The people who we don't even fully know.

They know us better than anyone.

The questions and answers will soon be found

And they won't fade.

No matter how badly we want them to disappear

We would be so alone and couldn't live without them.

These words are us.

We are the words we create.

© 2009 I Am Svetlana


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I completely agree with this, I feel the same way sometimes. Like where do the words come from? Lol. The words we write and the memories we make , make up who we are and we're the ones making the words from somewhere in our mind. Sounds like nonsense but sometimes nonsense makes perfect sense. Even the bad parts of us come out on paper, and that's why sometimes we wish the bad parts would disappear but we all know that won't happen. Great Write!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
x
Nice diary entry.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You are definitely right;words are highly significant,without them,there would not be any language which would cease communication. When we cant even be colloquial or have basic conversations with each other, there is a certain death that takes place. Our rate of intellectual growth diminishes due to the fact that we have one less cord that connects us to our fellow humans. Expression is little to nothing without the common vocabulary. I loved your poem, i will definitely read more of your work. You should check out some of my posts, its interesting to say the least.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh ..yes I know the feeling..sometimes nothing is something.. I once opened a text book and wrote a poem from the glossary..because the words are not all there is they are the paint.. only the artist must find the art in them and put it down on the canvas.

Posted 14 Years Ago


"We are the worlds we create." So very, very, true. Sometimes we try to hide ourselves and at times that's easy. Except, for when we write. When we write everything about us seems to slip out. Great poem.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is really good! I enjoyed this poem, it explains a lot through just a few words! Good work!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is great I love how you express the idea and thought of this. I agree and understand completly. You did a good job putting it together and expressing the idea.

Posted 14 Years Ago


You have such a talent for keeping an idea going and developing it over the course of the poem. I like how your poetrry seems to be so personal, but also keeps the reader at a distance. You do this really effortlessly. Have you thought about writing a short story or perhaps something extensive? I think you'd be good at it, you seem to have a lot of conflict you could talk about. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


so true,words are some times our only truth,the only naked part of ours,the only aspect of our lives worth being treasured,,,you expressed it simply and elegantly,,,

Posted 14 Years Ago


Ah, we all have those times when we can't figure out what on Earth to write about...but we write anyway, often about how we don't know what to write. You seemed to figure out what to write by about halfway through. Interesting poem, and I mean that in a good way.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Hmm, very true. I have only seen this kind of poem once, like where you write a poem on how you can't write a poem because of writer's block or something. And then you slipped into a different subject, but it wasn't bad, it actually worked for this. Good job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 25, 2009

Author

I Am Svetlana
I Am Svetlana

Madison, WI



About
"If you cannot write well; you cannot think well; if you cannot think well, other's will do your thinking for you." -Oscar Wilde Hello all, my name is Emily Svetlana! I am 30 years old and wo.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lost Me Lost Me

A Poem by J