You and I

You and I

A Poem by I Am Svetlana

It's picture perfect.

You and I.

I imagine us together.

Happy.

Walking hand in hand.

Smiling our biggest smiles.

The sun is high

Time seems frozen

And nothing matters,

Just us.

© 2009 I Am Svetlana


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hey, i love it. It's what we're all searching for, no?

Posted 14 Years Ago


This poem is so beautiful it makes me want to cry! ;p

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JC
beautiful in its simplicity...i think the most enlightening moments come from the little things we take for granted. I am glad you added me.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Superb! Nice rhythm and flow; excellent images and very positive (which I always enjoy)
The rock group Yes sings a song called "and you and I". It is very beautiful, spiritual and heartfelt, as is this piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I really like this one. I actually have a poem called You and I as well. It would be interesting to see what you think of that one. The contrast in the direction we both went with this concept of "you" and "I". I really like your style. Its very to the point but does leave a big imprint. The simplicity of it I think is what is captivating. Your poetry seems like snapshots of real life, real emotions, totally in the moment and its genuine. Thats possibly why I love your poems. They are very true to life and to the moments. Like flickers of light shimmering off of the waters of a solitary creek: you've captured these glimmers of life's moments in your own way. Very nicely done. I look forward to reading more!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is just short, but it leaves a deep impression, a good one. I like it!

Posted 14 Years Ago


short, simple and sweet. ''nothing matters, just us'' is a really great feeling, aint it?? :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 28, 2009
Last Updated on December 28, 2009

Author

I Am Svetlana
I Am Svetlana

Madison, WI



About
"If you cannot write well; you cannot think well; if you cannot think well, other's will do your thinking for you." -Oscar Wilde Hello all, my name is Emily Svetlana! I am 30 years old and wo.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..