Thanksgiving 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

A Poem by EmeraldVenus

1. Even thou I am spending Thanksgiving alone this year I am thankful for the condo I live in, the car I drive, the job I have, the children I have and my health.

2. I am thankful that even thou I have been hurt so many times in the past that I still have the willingness to share my love with the next lucky man to win it.

3. I am thankful that it hasnt snowed yet, I truly dislike it!

4. I am thankful for the few close friends I have.  They keep me grounded during the times I cannot keep myself on solid ground.

5. I am thankful that I have the drive to go back to college and earn the degree of my dreams.

6. I am thankful that even thou I work full time, I am a full time student and a single mother that I know I can survive whatever hardships come my way and rise above them.

7. I am thankful for the years of my life I got to share with my gramma.  Even thou she has been gone now for a few years she will never leave my heart and soul. 

8.  I am thankful that even thou sometimes I get lonely and depressed thinking the right man will never come along that I can still think positively in the end and know that when the time is right it will happen.

9. I am thankful for the prospect of the greatest love of all.

10. I am thankful that even thou at times I may forget all my blessings and might not always want to be thankful that I can still come up with several things I know I am always thankful for!

© 2009 EmeraldVenus


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is good; a better look on life.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Precious and valuable too. I think its a good exercise to go through, to write something of this nature. Especially for anyone feeling in a down mood.

Nicely penned.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 17, 2009

Author

EmeraldVenus
EmeraldVenus

Spokane, WA



Writing
Words Words

A Poem by EmeraldVenus



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..