Revival

Revival

A Poem by Emily B
"

written after a weekend at an 1805 Kentucky Camp Meeting

"


Like the ember
smouldering
unseen in the ashes,
my heart will someday
flame passionately.
One breath--
is all I need
to change this
seeming-charred soul
into a
furious
fire.

© 2009 Emily B


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

That's all it takes and sometime it can come from sources we least expect. One moment you're feeling down and the next completely rejuvenated and ready to conquer the world. I love the allusion of rising from your own ashes like a phoenix here.

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Well everyone does possess that ember; it is our gift as human beings. And it is your gift to have the ability to share its image to us. And for that, I thank you.

I think that the beauty of this piece comes from the conviction that you emitted regardless of how calmly you appeared to have stated it. It takes skill to do that, and you made it seem effortless.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I hope that love will ignite within my heart once again, as well. ;~) Long ago someone asked me "are you in love?" I told 'em no but, when I got to "thinking about it" hours later and over the next few night shifts at work... I realized that she'd seen in me something that I was then just realizing... Yes, I was in love. It had been a long time up til then, and been a long time since then... wouldn't surprise me a bit if one day soon I'm acting ridiculous once again... a sure sign that this fool's in love again.
Bear

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

good

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nice






Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nice

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yes, very powerful! The images of the smouldering embers are really brought to life in my mind. I can imagine sitting round a dying camp fire having these thoughts. Great stuff!
NH

Posted 16 Years Ago


Oh boy! It sends chills...I want to know a little more though. I see it as anger that may flare soon...but it could be any kind of extreme passion. What happened to stifle the passion down to just an ember? What will set it ablaze again?

Great piece (and thanks so much for the kind words about mine)
:)mazy

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
"One breath"... and the faith in God and ourselves that we, insignificant as we may think we are, can make a huge difference. One word, sometimes even just a caring touch, can be enough to offer hope and strength. We each are capable of so much more than we think, especially in the Spirit.
Beautiful and powerful piece!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That's great! This is deep for a little poem. This is one of my favorites of yours.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Very powerful piece, Em, filled with the sense of potentiality. The short, choppy lines makes it pace quickly but also give a sense of something on the edge, all of which lends itself well to the theme of anxiously waiting to break out. Stand back! I think your flame'll be blinding! Cheers, my friend. Rob

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3245 Views
89 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on February 5, 2008
Last Updated on August 20, 2009


Author

Emily B
Emily B

Richmond, KY



About
to the Lost Boys I am no Wendy; but my voice brings you back to me. And you sit around my feet, anxious for a story or a kiss. Listening to my words spinning adventures, like so much g.. more..

Writing
For Emma For Emma

A Poem by Emily B


Old bones Old bones

A Poem by Emily B



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Clairvoyant Clairvoyant

A Poem by Emily B


seduced seduced

A Poem by Emily B