I Wish I Was A Bird

I Wish I Was A Bird

A Poem by Emily L

I wish I was a bird.
For I long to fly high
way above the earth
and admire the meadow
I so lovingly adore way
down below.
I wish I was a bird for I
would learn to listen rather
than to speak.
For as a bird tweets a sweet
tune a human barks a command,
I wish to sing.
I wish I was a bird to call the
land and soil my own without judgment,
for the soil is mine now I choose
the artificial concrete instead.
I wish I was a bird to make a home
wherever I please and to rise in
the morning with simplicity and ease.
I wish I was a bird to soar
for as of now I feel as if I stumble to my
knees and long for more.

© 2018 Emily L


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This really hit home. The way you describe the bird traits of how they tweet and soar, is just beautiful. Really liked this a lot. Don't give up, this is honest and it reminds me of how sometimes I just want to flee away. Carry on going!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Emily L

6 Years Ago

Thank you very kindly for your strong words, always appreciated!
I have a poem with similar wish of flying like birds so i enjoyed your sweet cool muse here. Lovely poem indeed. Thumbs up.

Im a newbie here Pls pleez do review /comment my second poem here titled "scenery medley contrasts".
I like meeting poem pals. And i like to know if my poem is as clear as i intended. Take care.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Emily L

6 Years Ago

Thanks for your kind words...I'll check it out for sure!
It makes me want to fly and to see all of this. Wonderfully written.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Emily L

6 Years Ago

If only as humans we could, thanks for the review, glad you enjoyed!
Emily, you swung and connected with this! Not only was this extremely nature-centric (which is a favorite topic of mine to read and incorporate into my own writings), but the flow was impeccable from beginning to end. I read it again aloud, and same thing -- a perfect flow throughout.

On a side note: I'd love to hear this as a spoken word. I feel like this could work wonders. Awesome job!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Emily L

6 Years Ago

You are too kind, i'm flattered. Happy you enjoyed Asante, thanks for the review!
Asante

6 Years Ago

My pleasure, Emily!
It is always a time of uncertain futures and "dealing" with the stress of becoming and being the persons we are. And we ARE human. And we make mistakes. But we do GOOD as well, and help when we can. I still dream of flying and soaring all over the world ...too.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Emily L

6 Years Ago

I couldn't agree more Chris, thank you for your words and spot on interpretation, much appreciated!
you captivated me from start the start to the finish

im so glad i came across your profile, you're amazing!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Emily L

6 Years Ago

Well thank you very much Jada, i'm glad you liked it!
This poem took me to a flight thinking what it would be to fly like a bird. It is amazing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Emily L

6 Years Ago

Thank you very kindly Najam, I always imagine what life would be like as a bird
Najam Us Saher

6 Years Ago

You have a vivid imagination, you are most welcome ☺
I like the clear expression and the philosophy of simplicity in this offering, but in some places I had to read and reread to understand it. You might consider adding punctuation for clarity's sake.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Emily L

6 Years Ago

Thanks for the insight John. I polished it up a bit to make it clearer.
John the Baptist

6 Years Ago

Much better. You have some simple but heavy stuff here.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

519 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 2, 2017
Last Updated on May 19, 2018
Tags: Poem, bird, nature, happy, sad, poetry, animal

Author

Emily L
Emily L

Akron, OH



About
Hello, my name is Emily i'm 19years old and simply just want to share my writing with the world. I have a strong love for writing about nature and the world around me. All the beautiful things it has .. more..

Writing
Just Be Just Be

A Poem by Emily L



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..