Trash Can

Trash Can

A Story by EmilySMort
"

The trash can across the street...

"
In my neighborhood, there is a park that I live across the street from. It really isn't all that spectacular. It is just an area with some trees, a sidewalk, a park bench, and a trash can. A lot of people use come to our neighborhood just to walk their dogs because it is such a nice little area. 
Luckily my room is located at the front portion of our house and so I get an amazing view of the park across our street. However, I started noticing something weird happening a few days ago. I was sitting in my room on my phone avoid a football party when I looked up and saw a red truck parked on the road. I quickly realize that this is my neighbors truck and I watch as he gets out, throws something away, and then proceeds to his house. I thought this was really weird but it didn't raise any red flags. 
Then a few days later he was doing the same thing, and I also started to realize that he was not the only one. There was a whole hand full of people in my neighborhood stopping at that garbage can to throw something away before they reached their house. Once I realized that this was happening I had to see what people were throwing away that literally could not wait 3 more seconds until they got home. I was honestly a little scared to look because my imagination had started running wild. What if it was drugs? Body parts? So when I actually looked inside I was mildly disappointed. All I found were McDonald's bags, an empty box of Oreos, and a bunch of other food wrappers. 
So basically I learned that people like to eat junk food and they like to lie about it to their spouses. However, if you dive a little deeper you will find that even people who live in nice neighborhoods with a private park have secrets that they try to hide from the ones they love. We all have are secrets and as silly as they may seem we still go above and beyond to try and hide them. 

© 2016 EmilySMort


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on December 13, 2016
Last Updated on December 13, 2016

Author

EmilySMort
EmilySMort

FL



About
Hello my name is Emily and I am a Graphic Designer and Marketing Specialist for a Real Estate Brokerage. I have always enjoyed writing and so this was a way for me to share my writing to an unbiased g.. more..

Writing
Oh Well Oh Well

A Story by EmilySMort


Night Night

A Story by EmilySMort