Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
The Girl With the Hat

The Girl With the Hat

A Poem by Emily Rose
"

My adventures in loneliness

"

After spending countless hours lying in bed with the household cat trying to think of things to do in the town that seemed so promising a year ago, the girl put on her new floppy hat she got and left the house.


After stopping at a traffic light and listening to a sad song that was so reminiscent of recent losses, she sat there singing along softly while sobbing into her hands.

               

After thinking about how the pain was so present but the reasons behind it seemed so far away, she pulled into the small town with the church sponsored pumpkin patch. 

                

After taking a walk tough and deciding not to buy a pumpkin, she arrived at the local coffee shop and read a newspaper article on “101 Rut-Busting, Fun, Risky, Rewarding, Impetuous Things to Do This Weekend”. 


After ripping it out and slipping it under her arm, she said hello to her friend who worked there and asked him how life has been. 


After learning that achieving his goals seemed so tangible when her weren’t, she sat herself on the bench outside listening to the chatter and bustling of the outdoor sidewalk restaurant behind her. 


After feeling the warmth of the autumn sun on her legs, she took out her journal and started writing this ballad. 


After her hat blew off in the wind, she decided to follow it, newspaper in hand

© 2016 Emily Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
Added on October 29, 2016
Last Updated on October 29, 2016
Tags: loneliness, girl, self, self discovering, adventures, discovering, hat