Encompassing soul

Encompassing soul

A Poem by J.Nico

I grew up without any specific direction either in my life or in my dreams. In a way I made myself as I went, or came to be what I am. Mostly I observed, yet, nothing that I saw or learned by watching others was what I was looking for. I haven’t then, knew that I was to be found, not the other way around. The right person, situation, event, thing, would come to me. Not that I believe in passivity as a form justified of life, but after being so surely convinced of such, I no long have any illusions about the avenue of my life, in that regard.

Life taught me also that no matter where you are looking, or whoever you are with, doing what is or will be, there’s always something hidden from your inner perceptions, and other more mundane senses. And sooner or later, this carriage of the train of life is connected to us, making a different whole of ourselves. We are not all there is. We are what we are, plus what we get along, what is given, shared, found, earned.

People come in and out of our life as we go in and out theirs. With some we stay longer, with some we stay forever, and beyond still, with others we brush softly before we move on. It’s a matter of travelling in the same direction. Saint-Exupery says that much about love. Yet it works about all and everything. We are all in a road to somewhere, and all at the same time. Some of us do share a road, for a time or longer. Most of us don’t even meet, or ear about others. Life is a big place.

Common to all my beliefs is the realization that my soul is not alone. Deep inside I always knew I was part of something bigger, wider, and far more complex than I have ever even glimpsed, even in my wildest imaginings. The concept of twin souls appeals to us all in one moment or another in our lives, and truly we have no other way to explain, or understand certain things, yet, is that the only explanation? So many coincidences, so many signs and things in common, so many ways that lives intertwine and seem to belong, as if taking up a conversation unfinished some time past.

What if it’s not just one soul, or two, but a myriad of souls permeating reality, life and time? Connected at an intimate, almost unperceivable level of awareness? Two people get along just fine, justify everything and call it magic. More people and there’s family, friends.

We easily accept this limitation of reaching out for one other soul, two or even three, but rarely do we go further. And few of us do it.

© 2014 J.Nico


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on September 12, 2014
Last Updated on September 12, 2014

Author

J.Nico
J.Nico

Santa Cruz, Madeira, Portugal



About
The word has an effect on me, so all about me revolves around words, feelings and emotions. There is no other way for the written word to come alive. I'm still in my 43rd year and english is not my m.. more..

Writing
Waterfall Waterfall

A Poem by J.Nico


My father My father

A Poem by J.Nico


Book Book

A Poem by J.Nico