Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by EndlosenRegen

Chapter Two


I wake five hours later to a silent house. I look around my dark bedroom, wondering why the house is so silent at only eight o' clock at night. I spot a white rectangle by my door, standing out like a Ferrari in the desert. I stand up and retrieve the note, obviously from my father. I skim over the neat handwriting. Gone out for dinner... Back by 8:30... Feel better soon xoxo.

I feel myself becoming enraged with the last statement. Better? I exclaim in my head. Better?! I'm not some sickly child in the hospital!! I stand up furiously and kick out at the nearest wall. It resounds with a loud thud that echoes throughout the house. I shriek in rage, the first noise I've made in months, and instantly taste blood. I ignore it and go to punch the same wall....

My fist goes right through it, and my rage instantly disappears, replaced with shock.

S**t. I think. S**t, s**t, s**t! I try to pull my hand out of the wall, but that only shoots a burning pain up my arm. I try again, slowly this time, and gently inch my arm out of the wall. By the time it's out, my eyes are burning from the tears that have welled up. My hand is covered in blood and plaster shards of the wall. I wince at the sight and squeeze my eyes shut. Quickly, I unlock my bedroom door with my good hand and run across the hall to the bathroom. I turn on the cold water tap and instantly plunge mt hand into the ice water. I just barely manage to choke back a scream of pain as the rush of water sends chunks of wall moving around the cuts.

The water almost instantly runs red with blood.

Soon I can't see any white chunks of wall left stuck in my hand and pull it out of the water. The temperature of the water running through the frozen pipes of Autumn has turned my hand numb, but it comes as a relief. However the numbness soon wears off, and is replaced by a stinging pain. I wince and grab an old hand towel from the cupboard and wrap it around my hand, putting pressure on it to ease the flow of blood. It stings even more, but I have to endure it.

I silently go back to my room to examine the hole. It's not very big, doesn't even look like I'd be able to get my fist back in there, but it's definitely noticeable. Thinking quickly, I pull an ICP poster down from the other side of the room and put it back up over the hole, just in case someone comes into my room.

With a sigh, I sit down at my desk once again, wondering how on Earth I'd managed to put a hole in the wall. The walls of my bedroom had always seemed so thick, so solid. But I guess they're not.

I fold my legs underneath me and rest my head in my hands on top of them. It had only been for a few minutes, but... for those few minutes I'd somehow forgotten all about Leo. I'd promised him that I'd never forget him, but I'd had to for a moment to think of myself.

I'm sorry, I think as if he's there and can read my thoughts. I will never do that again. I will always think about you, not matter what. Always. I begin to feel the sting of tears and I squeeze my eyes shut, trying to stop them. I'm sick and tired of crying. Leo would want me to be happy. The only way for me to be happy is to have him here with me.

I suck in a deep breath and let it out shakily. There's got to be another way. I rack my brain for solutions, ways for me to be happy without him, but come up empty-handed. It doesn't matter. I tell myself, and leave the matter alone.

I'll never be happy without Leo.




© 2011 EndlosenRegen


Author's Note

EndlosenRegen
Not very long, but still. Couldn't come up with anything very interesting.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
Added on December 11, 2011
Last Updated on December 12, 2011


Author

EndlosenRegen
EndlosenRegen

Maple Grove, MN



About
Denied more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by EndlosenRegen


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by EndlosenRegen