Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Shayne Plunk

What would you say if someone told you that spirits and demons roamed the earth? What if all the stories you heard as a kid weren't just stories? I'm here to tell you that they aren't some made up nonsense. They are true in every sense of the word.


When you see a shadow looming in the corner, it is not just your imagination. When you hear footsteps, it is never the house's age. The moaning that you hear all around you isn't the wind. Lastly, your pet doesn't hide under your bed because he's scared of the rain.


The shadow is someone you know that passed away, or a spirit just trying to find its rest. The footsteps come from someone who has lost their body and isn't ready to leave their home just yet. The moans and groans are the last moments of someone's life. And your dog can feel the energy around him being manipulated, and sense those who have passed.


You might wonder why I say these things. Why I challenge the norms that society has set, and why I insist my beliefs. The answer to that is simple. I am a rational person who found out that the world isn't quite as logical as I would have thought it to be. I've seen things that most people, including myself, wouldn't believe.


My name is Rei Kobayashi, I am 19 years of age, and this is the story of the strange and horrific happenings that I have witnessed.


I warn you now: This story will not have a happy ending.



© 2010 Shayne Plunk


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great opening. The last sentence makes me wonder.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I can't even explain how excited I am for it. I read this a few days ago and last night as I was sitting in my bed the wall creaked as if the apartment was aging.. I thought of this. haha. :D yay

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 2, 2010
Last Updated on September 2, 2010


Author

Shayne Plunk
Shayne Plunk

TN



About
My name is Shayne, and I am 19 years old. I am gay, and live with my boyfriend in an apartment close to my family in a small town. I used to write only poems about love and romance, pain .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shayne Plunk


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Shayne Plunk