REFLECTIONS

REFLECTIONS

A Story by EnglishMajor55
"

A short story with a twist.

"
I watch you as your eyes open to the early morning sun that floats through your window. Even with your bed hair you look like a million bucks. You look over at me, and with your usual movie star smile and a wink, you greet me with a “hay there, good looking“. I can't help but smile and wink right back at you. I know that you're just teasing me. You know that I like you... every time you bring a girl over, you tell me “you got this”. As if to sympathize with me for you dating other people... you really don't need to, I'll just stay in the room and not meet the girls you bring home.


I wish one day you'll see me. I mean, I know you see me, but you don't see me. I've been through everything with you: helping you pick out an outfit for your first date... and the one after that... and the one after that... (Wow, you really go on a lot of dates). What about that time that you got promoted and you were so happy that we were just dancing around in your room. You ended up singing into a hair brush... so did I. You laughed; I laughed. How could we not, you're a terrible singer. I've even been there through the tough times. Remember when you first heard that your parents were getting divorced? The tears were streaming down your face when you came to me for comfort - I ended up crying too.


The most memorable time for me, was the time that you kissed me. It was during middle school and you wanted to kiss Mary-Jane, but you were afraid. You've never kissed a girl before and you needed practice. There was no one else in the room except you and me. You went in for a kiss and right afterwords you said “well, that's embarrassing. No one should ever know about this”. Of course I never told anyone, it was nothing but a practice kiss after all... right? You were mine too, you know? My first kiss. I've loved you then and I love you now. It's not the same for you, though...


Tonight you're bringing another girl over. I don't know her (I don't want to know her), but when you give her a tour of the house, you bring her into the room and she smiles at me; I can't help but smile back. She's pretty. She leaves the room, but just before you leave you look at me and run your fingers through your hair. I wish I could do that. If only I had hands. If only I could reach out to you. If only I wasn't just “mirror, mirror on the wall”, as you've often called me.


Tonight, after you've been with her, you'll return to me with that movie star smile, and we'll pull faces at each other. Just like we often do. And tomorrow, I'll watch you wake up again. And you'll wink at me and say “good morning, good looking”. And I will wink back... But it will mean nothing to you...If only you could see me.

© 2018 EnglishMajor55


Author's Note

EnglishMajor55
Do you think it is a bit boring leading up to the big reveal? Any tips are appreciated :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This could not have been done much better in my opinion.Just as talented as always

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
1 Review
Added on April 21, 2018
Last Updated on April 21, 2018
Tags: reflections, love, mirror, short story, man, woman, unreachable

Author

EnglishMajor55
EnglishMajor55

Namibia



About
I am a born actress (the world being my stage) and a hockey and karate fanatic. Also an anime enthusiast. Dabbling with fiction is my favorite past time as I believe that the pen is mightier than th.. more..

Writing